• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How aware do you think your buns are?

cm85

Warren Scout
Of emotions and atmosphere? After Pud's neuter and the drama of him not eating, I expected him to sulk a bit, but I found he was giving me more nose bumps, almost as if he was saying 'I know I didn't like it, but thanks for the Metacam!'. I've cried twice since we've had him, both times he has thumped two or three times and stayed close to me. One of these times was last night, I'd had a tough day and managed to break my toe. This morning he spent ages carefully grooming my injured foot (not somewhere he'd usually groom) and is being very generous with the nose bumps, as if to say 'Are you ok?'. Do your buns look after you? Have I finally lost the plot? :lol:

Nah Hun, you haven't last the plot... I totally get what you are saying. I've been rough for a couple of days and Reggie has definitely been more attentive, bless his cotton tail... And I cried when I got Stanleigh home after her spay on Wednesday... Just releived and emotional... And though the poor love must have been in pain, she was giving me licks! :shock: bunnies are definitely more in tune then what we give them credit for.. :love:

all of my animals are much much calmer when I'm having a bad time with my health, they also sit closer to me/pay more attention to me when I'm sad :love:

After I've had to nurse any of my buns I've found they have been more trusting etc.
After Angel's spay that's when she started grooming me a lot more, actually taking time to sit and cuddle into me.
Before Parsley choked he hated being lifted up, it was difficult even for me to handle him, he also never groomed us he enjoyd noserubs but gave nothing in return.
After the choke ( I thought he was going to die, he went limp in my arms) he has been a gem to handle, he lets me pick him up and he sits for ages and will groom my clothes and hands now :)
They definately know when we are helping them and also know when we are sad and in pain.
I'e always found Angel will let me cuddle her when I'm not feeling great. :love:

Back