• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Alternative Animal Sanctuary (Lincoln)

Tracy

Warren Veteran
I've not heard of this sanctuary/rescue before. Has anyone else heard of it? Has anyone been there?

I just need to know whether they are OK and reputable, particularly with regard to rabbits. There's a website and a few pics, but I can't find info on the rabbits (vaccination, castration etc).

Thanks. :wave:

They dont rehome there rabbits by looks of it?

Maybe that's why there's not a lot of info.

A leaflet I have says they never refuse an animal in need, but not sure how that can work with rabbits if they are not rehoming too. As far as I can tell from the website, they're not a sanctuary in the same way as Rainbow Rabbits who only take in ill/special needs buns.

I'm not digging to be nasty or anything, I just wanted to know for genuine reasons whether they take in rabbits and whether their level of care etc is considered to be good.

Hopefully some of our Lincs member might know a bit more.

I've not heard of this sanctuary/rescue before. Has anyone else heard of it? Has anyone been there?

I just need to know whether they are OK and reputable, particularly with regard to rabbits. There's a website and a few pics, but I can't find info on the rabbits (vaccination, castration etc).

Hi Tracy - Alternative Animal Sanctuary is reputable, run by a wonderful lady called Tamara. You can e-mail her and ask about rabbits.We've donated to them in a small way for years.
Jangua

Animal sanctuary

I have just been sent a request for donations for horses at this Alternative Animal Sanctuary! At Chapelry Farm, Lincoln. Anyone ever been there or know of its whereabouts? They have a registered charity No. I'm always wary, of all these different animals in need, being at a farm! :wave:

Back