• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Groomer?? What to do

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone

my rabbit Ben has become very noted and tangled under his tail and hes feet and no matter how much i try to bush him or snip little notes out i cant sort it. i have booked him in with the nurse at the vets today to see if they can help him out or they may have to sedate him and clip him next week, but will this upset whisky and Ben's bond?.

what advice can you give and what would you all do? also is there any thing like a rabbit groomer that could come to the house and trim him up around whisky as i don't want to brake their bond.

I'm worried about him :(

Take them both to the vets, at the same time, together, in the same carry case.

Then the vet can do as he/she needs to with Ben, and then they can be back in the carry case on the way home.

Should keep their bond strong, thats what the majority of us do :)

Take them both to the vets, at the same time, together, in the same carry case.

Then the vet can do as he/she needs to with Ben, and then they can be back in the carry case on the way home.

Should keep their bond strong, thats what the majority of us do :)

ok i will do this thank you. will this work if next week he needs to be sedated? if i take them together then should they be fine?

ok i will do this thank you. will this work if next week he needs to be sedated? if i take them together then should they be fine?

Theortetically, yes, there's always a chance of an issue, but you can minimise it by keeping them together. When they go to the vet, the vet should keep them together:wave:

Theortetically, yes, there's always a chance of an issue, but you can minimise it by keeping them together. When they go to the vet, the vet should keep them together:wave:

Thank you for your help we have the vets just after 4 today and i will see what they can do for ben. thanks again

When I first took on Woody and Jessie they were in a bit of a state and both being lionhead crosses had mats around their ears and legs/bum

I bought a set of high quality dog clippers (on eBay ;)) and they worked really well, they can't hurt the skin as there is a guard there :thumb:

mine always go to the vets together, sedation or not :wave: if the vet is worried about something happening during the time that the anesthetic is wearing off they tend to put a divide in the cage or just keep the sleepy bun out of the cage until they wake up. Mine spent all last week in a vet dog pen with a mesh divide down the middle and they're fine :wave:

thank you everyone Ben was a very good boy. he has been shaved a little but is now mostly knot free and loads better. x

Back