• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit and Cat playing

Mrsmcarey

Mama Doe
:wave: let my rabbit Stu out this morn free range whole garden Jessy also wanted to play :?

Stu and Jessy well Jessy will chase Stu and then Stu will stop turn and run at Jessy once Jessy is safely away Stu continues to munch on the grass.

My concern is that Stu might be stressed, but if he sits and eats straight away is he really:?

It is quite funny to see Rabbit chasing cat round the garden:lol:

I never leave them alone and the garden is secure

My two are terrified of our cat. I left the door open to their bedroom the other day (accidentally) and Tom came in to see the funny furry things and wanted to play with them but they took one look at the enormous panther which is my darling British Blue and hid in the bed. Bless them.

depending on Stus body posture it sounds to me like he's annoyed at this intruder and wants it to leave him alone. My cats are all scared of the rabbits :roll:

depending on Stus body posture it sounds to me like he's annoyed at this intruder and wants it to leave him alone. My cats are all scared of the rabbits :roll:

Pretty much once Jess is out of the way Stu turns his back on gets on with what rabbits do best :roll: eat :lol:

then he will have another race round and binky, as if looking for someone to play with :D as I just wont do, once he is in the garden and all the raisins are gone :lol: i'm not interesting anymore :(

But if he was scared would he do the dont eat me pose, 'basic bunny ball head tight in'

My rabbits are very curious about cats. I think it depends on the personality of Both animals. I would still never let the two free range together unsupervised though

Pretty much once Jess is out of the way Stu turns his back on gets on with what rabbits do best :roll: eat :lol:

then he will have another race round and binky, as if looking for someone to play with :D as I just wont do, once he is in the garden and all the raisins are gone :lol: i'm not interesting anymore :(

But if he was scared would he do the dont eat me pose, 'basic bunny ball head tight in'

If he is low to the ground, chin out, ears back when chasing her thats anger:wave:

When we were 'given' Harry we were told he liked cats - I was sceptical but it's true he wants to say hallo but he's so much bigger than my cat she's terrified. Ginny is so tiny I was worried the cat would see her as prey - I think she might but Ginny wants to play and again the cat is terrified. The cat will just about approach the rabbits but scarpers quick if they move in anyway it's pretty funny to watch:D I love the way the cat will walk her normal path, see the rabbits, stress and then divert around them and back to her normal path in a trot.

My rabbits are very curious about cats. I think it depends on the personality of Both animals. I would still never let the two free range together unsupervised though

Of cause not :shock: wouldn't trust the Rabbit not to eat the cat:lol:, i sat in the sunshine on the back step with my cuppa :D

Is he neutered? My un neutered bun always used to chase cats out of the garden as he was a little territorial. :lol:

I know someone whose rabbit chased both the family cat and dog. Don't think the bun realised she was the prey animal!

Is he neutered? My un neutered bun always used to chase cats out of the garden as he was a little territorial. :lol:

Alfie's neutered and is still very territorial - Skye's petrified of him as he chases her trying to bite her bum. :roll::lol:

my frenchie doe has always chased our cats even when freya and dylan were tiny kittens! i think its from buried fear from before we adopted her...maybe a cat scared her in a hutch etc.
she has to be reprimanded and the cats saved daily. Baxter gets on well with the cats and if hes awakeand bluebell chases them....he chases bluebell!

lillt merlin reacts with cat body language....but then our cats are fluent in rabbit!! Lilys as small as he is....the cats will play if they let them..or in lilys case if shes miffed she will chase the cats down the stairs...but she never ges for them. yes cats are scared f lily too.

hunnybunny and zuzu have known eah other for so long and binded in grief over zuzus brother salem dying...then of course bertie then my mum.

certain cats have a certain relationship to a certain bunny...but in ever case....size is no matter...the buns win without tryung!

merlin loves to do the crazy kitty run...wilderbeasts of the serengeti...and theyre so used to him joining in they dont bat an eyelid. he also plays peekaboo and hide n seek with them and then has to endure dylan kitty rubbing all round him purring and drooling and snuggling up to him trying to go to sleep.

i know i will never have to worry about the cats hurting the buns...but the buns hurting the cats!

Harli free ranges in my room. When he was a baby he was convinced the cat was his mum and try to suckle her. My cat is very laid back and her and Harli sit together on bed, eat hay together but I'd never leave them insupervised together.

My first bun Miffy used to try to hump my cat Salem :shock: Since then Salem doesn't let the buns get too close! :lol:

My old rabbit Rocky used to be fascinated by our cat Pepe. When the rabbits freeranged in the garden sometimes Pepe would saunter out and Rocky used to go up and flop down beside him and follow him around. No chasing though.

Back