• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1 year 3 months old, still no plums, but has arthritis

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Poor little man :cry: Stevie's knees have completely locked and he has arthritis in his hips and knees. Still no sign of his testicles which is a cancer risk but probably the least of his worries right now. his neurological problems are getting worse and he still hasn't made it to 1kg yet.

Some bunnies are given just too much to cope with:( But hopefully we are doing the best we can to make him comfortable

P1030310.jpg

He was advertised on gumtree and I was pointed in the direction of the advert. The owner didn't realise the extent of his problems and was unable to cope with him. She was completely genuine and even got references for us before allowing us to take him. we did keep in touch for awhile afterwards to :)

Awwww poor little Stevie :(

Luckily he is in good hands. I hope he will stay happy and comfortable. xx

Poor little darling, is he blind as well?

He has a deformed eye one side which is totally blind, the other eye was completely blind with scaring from an untreated ulcer but we managed to make it a little better so he has a small amount of vision. He also has a deformed skull :(

he has been with us for nearly a year now. No-one expected him to survive 6 months so certainly was not expected to live to beyond one year old! He is a special little boy, despite him feeling the need to use his teeth regularly :lol: :love:

He is a special little boy, despite him feeling the need to use his teeth regularly :lol: :love:

:lol::lol:

He seems to be coping well with everything life has thrown at him. I can't believe he's been with you for nearly a year now, that's flown by. :shock:

oh Stevie:(..you certainly tugg my heart strings...he has obviously blossomed in your care..poor little thing...

what a special little bun:love:

Poor wee man....he looks like he's had a tough start.

Have you tried a steroid for his knees, although I know that would depend on his other health issues. When Sea lost the use of her back leg preds worked amazingly well supported by abx cos of the reduced immunity

Poor wee man....he looks like he's had a tough start.

Have you tried a steroid for his knees, although I know that would depend on his other health issues. When Sea lost the use of her back leg preds worked amazingly well supported by abx cos of the reduced immunity

Thanks for letting me know. I think it is best to try metacam first before going for steroids. He is still running around quickly but because his knees have locked he has a very strange stiff hop where his bottom goes very high in the air.

Back