• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish us luck.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Clara and Martha, the hairy sisters from the Aberdeen rescue are being spayed today. As always, i'ma bit worried, they seem healthy but at over 3 years old there is always the potential for uterine tumours to be present.

The girls are both home safely, no problems during the ops. When I collected them there was no Metacam set aside for them, something I have been preaching about for a long time, so I made a bit of a fuss. Once I got home the vet called and said she had hoped to catch me to discuss pain relief, is a bit difficult because I work there, but I pointed out they give out Metacam to cats and dogs and its even more important to control pain in rabbits to get them eating. She worked out dosage and she fully agreed with me, so hopefully it will happen in future ( it usually does get handed out). The girls are a bit stunned, so they are together, in the house, in a dog crate until tomorrow ( at least) and we get them eating again.

Sending recovery and eating vibes to the girls. Are they related to the linheads that went to Fairly Beloved? xx

Sending recovery and eating vibes to the girls. Are they related to the linheads that went to Fairly Beloved? xx

Yes, they are. The lionhead/ nethie types are all related.
I'm guessing Clara and Martha are aunties of the little gems, alvins mum is taking Ola and Ruby ( one of the little gems!)

Yes, they are. The lionhead/ nethie types are all related.
I'm guessing Clara and Martha are aunties of the little gems, alvins mum is taking Ola and Ruby ( one of the little gems!)

I have seen the photos of Ruby, she is like a mini Spenser! :love:

Back