• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ive Reserved My Dream Bun! Future Wife To My New Boy..

Dawn&Leila

Warren Scout
I couldnt resist.. You may have seen my thread, about my wonderful new boy, previously named Leo, currently named that and other silly nicknames and awaiting a permanent name! He came up on the very same day, just 5 mins before this girl. Both with blue eyes.. He was more urgent and his owner needed to get him rehomed 'ASAP'. Something told me i had to have him.. :love:

I couldnt stop thinking about this baby doe too though.. I was umming and urring as it will take a while until they could live together as shes not yet even eight weeks bless her. I have two cages and a crate though, plus pen so it wont be a problem.. Just not as practical. It would have been easier to get a teen bun or have gotten the doe first and then a neutered male but i fell in love, twice, on the same day! And now i have finally caved in and reserved her! There is something about her, shes pretty much my dream rabbit.. And Leo, he's a blessing from the bunny gods! An angel :) so friendly and funny. I think they will make the perfect blue eyed couple eventually.. The breeder has said she can stay with her as long as i need. So leo will be neutered hopefully before hand to avoid any accidents!

Anyway, here she is! :love::love::love:

image_zps555db5e1.jpg

image_zps84e01e27.jpg

image_zpse1f33f5a.jpg

(Second from right)
image_zpsfea58a3f.jpg

(Third from top)
image_zps1f755e54.jpg

When she was teeny tiny!

Ps, the others in the third pic are all looking for loving forever homes too :)

Total cutie!

Definitely a really good idea to get your male neutered first, and then wait 2/3 weeks or more before bringing her home. As you say, you don't want any accidents and they happen all too easily. :D:wave:

Total cutie!

Definitely a really good idea to get your male neutered first, and then wait 2/3 weeks or more before bringing her home. As you say, you don't want any accidents and they happen all too easily. :D:wave:

Advisable to wait 6 weeks post male neuter to put with an un speyed doe

Advisable to wait 6 weeks post male neuter to put with an un speyed doe

They won't be living together until there BOTH fixed even as i wouldnt want to risk a bond breaking down!

She's only 7 weeks right now. Ready to leave next week but the owner has agreed to hold her til I'm ready. So I guess it'll be early April when I pick her up. They won't be hanging out together for a loooonng time yet.. but I know she's the right bun.. the one :)

Gonna enquire about the nueter Monday, nervous for him!

2 weeks is usually when they can't reproduce, 6 weeks is for the hormones.

She is pretty, love the black around her eye and blue eyes! No wonder you fell in love. :love:

She is pretty, love the black around her eye and blue eyes! No wonder you fell in love. :love:

sorry to differ but there have been cases, rare but have happened, of impregnation even after 6 weeks..so 6 weeks to be safe..aswell as hormones :D

Yep and it'd be her hormones I'd be more worried about ;) they won't live or play together until late July I estimate.

Back