• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you do with your bunny waste?

jazxo

Mama Doe
Hay, bedding, poo etc
I usually stick it in the garden or my stepdad burns it but I'm moving to the city and I produce at least a whole bin bag a week and not sure what to do :/

There was a thread about this somewhere on here a few days ago but can't remember where exactly... A lot of people suggested offering it to allotments. If it's just one bag per week it would prob fit in your bin, or you might have a green "garden waste" bin.. that's where I put mine, we asked for extra bins :wave:

Check with your local council when you move. Ours does not allow animal waste in the green bin and if they see it they will leave your full bin and refuse to empty full stop. If I go to the local tip then some workers say I can put it in the garden skip and some say I can't!!!!! Its easier just to put it in general waste.

I have to take mine to the local tip and put it in the animal waste skip , I did put it in my garden waste bin to start off and I got a orange ticket they didn't empty it and was told if I put it in any of the bins again I would get fined :/

I only have two people and two buns in the house so my bunny waste goes in the normal bin, which gets emptied every fortnight. The bin is chocablock by the time it comes to be emptied tho'

Check with your local council when you move. Ours does not allow animal waste in the green bin and if they see it they will leave your full bin and refuse to empty full stop. If I go to the local tip then some workers say I can put it in the garden skip and some say I can't!!!!! Its easier just to put it in general waste.

I have to take mine to the local tip and put it in the animal waste skip , I did put it in my garden waste bin to start off and I got a orange ticket they didn't empty it and was told if I put it in any of the bins again I would get fined :/

:shock: wow that's really inconvenient! My council say it's ok as long as it isn't dog/cat waste and even gave us extra bins, don't know what i'd do if they wouldn't take it!!

I take mine to the local tip. A chap there took bags from me for his allotment (rhubarb). ..other than that it goes in with the green waste/plants and tree clippings

Mine goes in the normal waste bin, my Council won't accept it as garden waste. You may be able to check on your Council's website.

Mine goes in the normal bin, I produce (well the buns) at least 2-3 bin bags a week :)
I live in a block of flats, so if the bins are a bit full, we sneakily put it into other emptier bins :)
No one's complained and since I'm the only one who takes the bins out I think it's a fair exchange :lol:

Back