• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:(

Oonagh

Warren Scout
I recently went on a school trip to France, we stayed at a really nice chateau, however they had a mini-farm and I was a bit upset by some of the conditions of the rabbits :( I could see a number of things including...
  • Rabbits free-ranging with no shelter or water (area open completely and not locked away at night, as far as I know)
  • Rabbits with dirty bottoms (muck and poo)
  • Sick rabbits (red noses, sore hocks and cut ears)
  • One breeding doe (from what I understood) had litters continuously
  • Baby rabbits in one big pen (males and females together)
  • Filthy water bottles (white and green)
  • Rabbit in hutches (2feetX2feet max.)
It was really upsetting :cry:
They also had a pig, chickens, sheep, ducks, llama, I didn't see all the animals and can't make judgments on the others, as I don't know much about them
Advice?!

I recently went on a school trip to France, we stayed at a really nice chateau, however they had a mini-farm and I was a bit upset by some of the conditions of the rabbits :( I could see a number of things including...
  • Rabbits free-ranging with no shelter or water (area open completely and not locked away at night, as far as I know)
  • Rabbits with dirty bottoms (muck and poo)
  • Sick rabbits (red noses, sore hocks and cut ears)
  • One breeding doe (from what I understood) had litters continuously
  • Baby rabbits in one big pen (males and females together)
  • Filthy water bottles (white and green)
  • Rabbit in hutches (2feetX2feet max.)
It was really upsetting :cry:
They also had a pig, chickens, sheep, ducks, llama, I didn't see all the animals and can't make judgments on the others, as I don't know much about them
Advice?!
Also I forgot to say, the free-ranging bunnies were often chased by children and we were allowed to hold some baby rabbits, which they picked up by the 'scruff' !!

Welcome to France. Some of the animal welfare is still in the dark ages. Most of these rabbits will be for the pot.

Back