• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Poppy bunny has head tilt/ It is EC blood tests confirmed

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
I took in a bunny about three week ago, my vets rang to say they had a bunny taken it to be put to sleep as she had very bad teeth and the owners could no longer afford the dentals (she was having two a month on the front and one every few months on the back). I said I would take her as she is only just over a year old and I got the vet to remove her front teeth, and all has been going well. I was going to give her six months before looking for a home for her as I wanted to make sure removing her front teeth corrected the problems with the back (it's been awful thinking about it as I have got very attached to her and she spends all her time following me about and actually sleeps on my bed :lol: )

However this morning she has headtilt, it is only slight and she is behaving as normal, I've take her to have blood tests to see if it's the dreaded EC (she has been nowhere near my two bunnies that I am treating for possible EC and there has been no cross contamination), she is on antibiotics and panacur and we will get the results back in a couple of days time.

I am so worried, I wonder if an ear infection could have developed after her dental a couple of weeks ago (it was a big one as her teeth were removed).

Last edited:
Thank you :love:

here she is having a kip on Andy's clothes :lol:

Poppy.jpg

she is a sweetie :love:

Poppy2.jpg

I see a lot of agouti lops on here and always think "he/she looks similar to Harvey" but I also always think "but I can definitely see how he/she is different from Harvey and different from other agouti lops" as in I can tell them all apart, but poppy is IDENTICAL to Harvey :shock: I actually don't think I'd be able to tell them apart, if you said you'd borrowed Harvey and taken some photos of him I'd have probably believed you!

I hope poppy is ok and has just decided she wants to see the world from a new angle just for fun and to wind you up! Harvey sends lots of vibes to his long lost twin!

Awwwww thank you :love::love:

I must Harvey is beautiful bunny :love::love::love::love:, I am new this agouti lop love

Awwwww thank you :love::love:

I must Harvey is beautiful bunny :love::love::love::love:, I am new this agouti lop love

Agouti lops are stunning :love: I haven't posted any photos of my two in ages (just photos of their home) I think when the sun next breaks out I'll get some photos of my lovely agouti boy posing :D I know there are a lot of agouti fans on RU :D

Thanks everybody :love:

the vet called last night, her blood results are back and it is EC :(

Back