• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When you have your rabbit neutered/spayed

I don't think I did but it was a year ago. I was giving antibiotics too, a weeks worth of metacam and I'm sure I got fibreplex as well. I was happy to get as much as possible!

I should hopefully be able to pick my rabbit up from her spay this morning, so I'll ask for the pain relief and let you know!:thumb:

I just cant remember if I used to pay extra or not. I took Dexter to a different vet to be neutered and didn't pay extra for pain relief.

Mine is included - however, there's been the odd occasion where I have been to the vets for additional in the couple of days after if they have been excesively quiet or off their food. Don't think I've been charged though

On our breakdown, metaclopromide and fluids are included. metcam/ vetergesic injection isn't and are normally around £7 each if needed. But you do get a free 10ml bottle of metacam to take home :D

A long lasting one is included in the cost, apparently. Whenever I've asked for extra they haven't given it me regardless of the fact I was willing to pay!

It was all included - painkiller, something to help get her tummy working again and antibiotics to ward off infection.

When i got mine done they were ok. The boys were a bit grumpy for a day but didn't need to give them anything x

Pain relief was included in the price for mine however my vet charges a lot. A spay is now nearly £100 and a castration is closer to £80. I don't mind though as the care is excellent. But the definitely receive metacam post op and to go home with. We get free vet bed to go home with as well :D

I had to pay for Belles extra metacam.

She was given two painkilling injections extra one the day after with her spay.

With the boys i never bothered with extra pain killers as they didn't need it and where back to normal within a day or so.

For my bunny and guinea pig spays, a pain killing injection was included in the price. But no extra Metacam was given for after that time, so I'd expect it to be extra. For my guinea pig spay, I asked for Metacam, and they outright refused. :roll: I had to use an old-ish bottle I already had, which wasn't ideal!

Back