• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits who can't do rabbit things.

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
I wondered how many of you have rabbits who can't do rabbit things.

Thumper had quite a few things he never got the knack of, eg dozing the rabbit way, by putting his head right back. His uppy ear would gradually lop, the his chin would start to nod ever lower until it cluncked on the floor & he woke himself up. :lol:

Benjie can't do proper binkies. He either does a front end binkie or a back end binkie, & only once got 4 feet off the ground simultaneously. :lol:

Mona can't binky anymore as she is paralyzed in one foot post stroke. She can't stamp with that foot either. But pre stroke she got about ok. All the other rabbits can do rabbity things so far. Well except Maisie my lop, she can't turn or lift her ears and she is partially deaf so has no response to most noises.

I'm not sure if this counts, but Spenser was not neutered unti 18 months old, and never showed any of the recognised hormonal symptoms. I suspect he wasn't very well-endowed 'down below'. :oops:

I'm not sure if this counts, but Spenser was not neutered unti 18 months old, and never showed any of the recognised hormonal symptoms. I suspect he wasn't very well-endowed 'down below'. :oops:

Sounds like Ludo... his health check soon when the snip will be discussed, but not much down there, in fact you have to look quite hard to find anything, and no hormonal behaviour at all.

It's ok, he can't see this, he's eating hay at the moment.

Imogen can't jump very high, I don't know if its that she hasn't got the strength, or if she's scared or maybe she can't see properly but she can jump about 2ft up and thats it! She's only recently started to binky which really scares her :lol::lol:

Sebastian can't behave ;)

Tia can't really jump very well from being kept in small hutch, and she can't really periscope.

She can do both a bit now, but is not confident jumping unless she KNOWS she can do the height, we have to make steps for her to get onto things, then once she can get down she seems a bit better at getting up, but she cant periscope for long at all, and needs something to rest onto. She is getting better tho x

Pipkin can't really thump because he's too light and had tiny feet. He'll stamp his little foot on the ground but it doesn't make a sound :lol:

Sounds like Ludo... his health check soon when the snip will be discussed, but not much down there, in fact you have to look quite hard to find anything, and no hormonal behaviour at all.

It's ok, he can't see this, he's eating hay at the moment.

:lol:

Everyone is normal here :)

Leo :( no flops, no binkies, he can't jump and can't periscope without falling over.. clearly due to a foot high hutch for 5 years.

Doughnut can't go down stairs. She jumped halfway up then tried to get down one and slipped down rather than jumped. She just sat there so I got the carrier and she jumped in and I took her down. She's never tried to go up since. When I go up she sits by the stairs waiting for me to come down.

My Inca can't do much tbh :(

She was born with no tail and is deformed at her back end so can't periscope as she cant balance, in the past she could hold a periscope for a couple of seconds but not now. She used to binky but wouldn't be able to land right and would fall to the side. Now cos of her deformities and her arthritis & spondylitis she can't even hop properly without her leg going out from under her and her falling to the side :(

Wee wreck so she is, but she still is a happy girl, she just gets on with it.

My Inca can't do much tbh :(

She was born with no tail and is deformed at her back end so can't periscope as she cant balance, in the past she could hold a periscope for a couple of seconds but not now. She used to binky but wouldn't be able to land right and would fall to the side. Now cos of her deformities and her arthritis & spondylitis she can't even hop properly without her leg going out from under her and her falling to the side :(

Wee wreck so she is, but she still is a happy girl, she just gets on with it.

Ah bless her.

Misfit can't do binkies. She tries but it ends up just being a pathetic little shake of her head. I'm sure she thinks she's doig full binkies :lol:

That's cute. Doughnut sometimes just jumps higher in the air and she seems to shove her bum to the side. I love her fat bum:D

My Bronwyn has olny just started to learn how to be sociable with her husbun Mork. They've been bonded for about 4 years and she's only just started snuggling with him and never grooms him. Maybe because she was left in a hutch alone before I got her. It doesn't seem to affect her though as they are very happy together :)

Bella does the strangest binkies I've ever seen :lol: so hard to explain but she kind of does the head shake and the jump at the same time...it looks hilarious, especially with those helicopter ears :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing everyone.

I'm feeling quite relieved that I'm not the only one whose buns are delightfully different.
Lots of loving nose rubs to the buns who are ill. I was deeply humbled by how rabbits get on with enjoying life & make the best of what they've got when limited by illness.

I can reassure you about buck equipment. Thumper kept his "privates" very strictly private, but on the very few occasions I saw them, he was well endowed, but never showed the classical buck behaviour, except for on his toy rabbit. I sometimes thought we discussed neutering so often, he hoped I'd forget about them if I never saw them!

Ooo there've been lots of replies about binkies while I've been away. Thank you.
Sounds as if there are quite a lot like Benjie. I find it cute too. :love:

Realised that Bella doesn't growl like the average rabbit either, her growls sound more like barks :shock: Pretty ironic since she grew up in a family with dogs :lol:

Back