• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hermione is in real trouble/ she's gone/ ANSWERS AT LAST P74

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry:

She arrived here at Christmas skin and bone, we have fed her constantly since she arrived but she was putting on no weight at all.

Then she lost 300g in two weeks :( Now she has lost another 300g in 5 days!! :cry:

She has been admitted for x-rays as bloods were clear but she is such a nightmare to handle she will have to be sedated. She got through her last GA really well but now only weighs 1.1kg, I think her ideal weight should be 2 - 2.5kg

Hermione is bright as a button and eating like a horse but I just cannot see this ending well :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Its got to be cancer. She has never been neutered to my knowledge and we have never been able to get her well enough to get her through such a big op :(

I'm so sorry, but if there is nothing that can be done at least she is still bright and enjoying whatever time she has left. xxx

Liz whatever happens you and Steve will provide her with the best of care, make her comfortable and she will know she is loved

Poor little Hermione. I remember your original posting about her, she's been through so much. I hope it isn't cancer and she picks up and gains weight again.

The vet has phoned, we are not an awful lot wiser tbh :?

there was nothing obvious on the x-rays, but as they said just because we can't see a tumour doesn't mean there isn't one there somewhere

However despite having a dental about a month ago her teeth were in a terrible state again. One had become very wobbly and had angled into the side of her cheek doing a lot of damage to her mouth. This has been removed now.

I can't believe she carried on eating as much as she did with such a sore mouth. I also can't believe she has come through another Ga. She is one bunny determined to live!! :love:

We don't see how the bad tooth and damage to her mouth can be the cause of her weight loss but at the end of the day we can only treat what we can find.

Angelica her partner, is also in for a neuter and dental but her op has been delayed due to an emergency so they are now putting her under.....

Hermione is a tough little girl. :love:

Sending loads of vibes for Angelica, I hope all goes well. xxx

Back