• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Binky banged nose - please take a look and advice?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
She leapt out of my arms about an hour ago and managed to bang her nose on the way down :-(

I just noticed this...
D014F587-F9D5-4CED-80FD-6529DFAE6BDB-968-0000008BD01D52D2_zps0382174c.jpg

A7832842-CDFE-4009-A789-B8AF336030D7-968-0000008BBF93457D_zps5a33b5ea.jpg

Feeling horribly guilty now :-(

She seems ok - eating etc.

What do you think?

Harvey did this when he was younger, he jumped from my should which is about 5 foot off the floor onto concrete and had a cut almost identical :( he squealed if I touched it so it obviously hurt him but he kept eating and drinking so I left him to it but kept a close eye on him. He was fine in the end luckily, I hope Binky feels better soon!

Harvey did this when he was younger, he jumped from my should which is about 5 foot off the floor onto concrete and had a cut almost identical :( he squealed if I touched it so it obviously hurt him but he kept eating and drinking so I left him to it but kept a close eye on him. He was fine in the end luckily, I hope Binky feels better soon!

That makes me feel a little better, She is sniffling about at the moment- just lying under my chair now with Bailey.

I won't sleep well tonight :-(

I think she may have hurt her leg a bit as well - front one. Noticed she went downstairs earlier usuing just one, then just saw a bit which looks like the fur is a bit wet. She won't let me check.

Will be setting my alarm for 2:30 to check on her.

Lola had a swollen face like that but no cut. She was fine. Just keep a check on the bun and just make sure she is doing normal stuff. She will be fine and prob lots of other people have done the same. We all learn from it. Hugs to you both.

How's she doing? The other thing to check with a knock there is the front teeth, something they can knock them wonky or break them off.

If the teeth aren't wobbly and she's still eating and drinking I don't think it's worth a vet visit, hope she's okay

Back