• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parsley Piert

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
I am not really sure how to explain or phrase the unexpected shift in the world that has taken place here in the last 2 weeks since Parsley so sadly passed away -

so I shall leave it in the words of Steve (my OH and Parsley's papa) which he has done on Parsley's Blog site . .
http://www.parsleyswarren.org/Parsl...d/Entries/2013/2/11_New_boy_on_the_block.html

If you look at the front page of the website at the first images we have of Parsley himself you can see how PP has taken on the poses etc - somehing he had never done before . . http://www.parsleyswarren.org/Parsleyswarren.org/about_me.html

I know Steve and Parsley Piert are still working out their relationship - and that PP can never ever replace or be Parsley - but something happened the day that Parsley Piert came upstairs to find me 24 hours after Parsley passed away.

I should add that Parsley Piert has always lived indoors (with Charlie) for the last 18 months and has had access to the hallway (and thus theoretically the stairs up to my present study) in all that time - but never come and found me there. he has never been a 'people' rabbit - more a slightly odd loner.

He and Charlie always stayed in their room or nipped out to the outdoor side passage and stayed there. PP often staying out on his own for long periods of time - we kept him away from Parsley as we always felt that to allow PP to come into Parsleys domain would be a bit like letting in the young prince so to speak . .

We can only think he must have felt the 'vacuum' left by Parsley -

Last edited:
A beautiful outcome in such sad circumstances. Somethings in life cannot be explained.

I know Parsley has left a huge gap in your lives. I wonder if PP somehow feels and knows this. I realise there is still a lot we don't under about rabbits relationships with humans.

I think most of our pets are much more intuitive then we give them credit for. It is a very fitting tribute to Parsley and all those who remain without him.

I'm glad pp want's to comfort you three in the wake of his father's passing.
He does know, *hugs*
As I always maintain, I do believe that Parsley will not be 'gone' he lives on just on another plane to ours. He will live on in this plane through your memories and his children.
xxxxx

Back