• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm getting a new hutch! UD Got it! Pics!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
To replace my two storey after something (I just cannot work out what though :roll:) did this to one side:

3D24445E-9670-431E-87EA-539BB35B4D63-445-000000E04BFC29C2_zpsa4589682.jpg

It's still fully functional but I couldn't resist the new one, second hand, 3-storeys and a good price :D

Harvey and Lilly are going to now have a three-storey hutch 4-foot hutch and a one storey 4-hutch in their 6foot by 12foot aviary :D (and they can climb on the top of the single storey, they like to sunbathe there :love:) they better be lovely to me after I've spent all this money on them!

Also I'll be keeping the 2-storey 4-foot hutch which I can push a 4 by 4 foot run up to, which means in EMERGENCIES I might be able to take a bun for few nights if any rescues need a stop over in transporting or in waiting for room/fosterers to free up (just an idea I had, but I might be able to help even though it wouldn't be big accommodation, just temporarily it should be ok?)

Last edited:
IT'S HERE! Yay!!!! It's big! And it gives them a lot more shelter :D and it was a very reasonable price (well I think so)!

I'm busy in the morning tomorrow and then I'll be disinfecting it (just in case) and then the swapping will take place :D

Photos tomorrow when it's all set up!!!!

Bad news, I fainted this morning and now feel pretty awful so it's unlikely to be up today :( and my housemate is leaving for a few days now so I won't have anyone who can help me move it :( pictures here when I'm done though :)

I did it all by myself! And I didn't faint woo!

Here it is! Harvey is on the third floor, Lilly is sat on her bed :love:

27AE82FD-0D93-4612-9841-F2F1565E2197-1411-00000196884C1E55_zpsc173a11f.jpg

They both are confused and have chinned every millimetre and pooed all over it :roll: but they seem happy! They obviously don't like the smell of vinegar and disinfectant!

Here's a before picture, you can just see the two storey hutch I've replaced:

49F72FDF-F059-4C3C-91F0-A1E42074BEF0-11419-00000E3CD55BA06C.jpg

Looks great:thumb:

I just found them sleeping on the second floor :love:

There's more floor space on this hutch's levels as well because the hole for the ladder entrance is smaller than the other, but still big enough for them :thumb:

They have a new mantra though which I will be repeating to them over and over "we do NOT pee in our beds" :roll: the fleece has gone for a wash already, it was only just washed!!

Lucky buns :D Are you sure buns didn`t do that damage to the outside of the hutch themselves if they had acess to it? Bill left the run alone then all of a sudden started gnawing away, At first I blamed Ruby but when she had gone there was more shredded wood lying in the run :shock: We all like to think our angels wouldn`t dream of doing that :roll:

Lucky buns :D Are you sure buns didn`t do that damage to the outside of the hutch themselves if they had acess to it? Bill left the run alone then all of a sudden started gnawing away, At first I blamed Ruby but when she had gone there was more shredded wood lying in the run :shock: We all like to think our angels wouldn`t dream of doing that :roll:

I was joking! :p I know it was the little monkeys who did it :lol:

TBH the damage was just cosmetic really and I used it as an excuse to get this massive hutch :oops: it does give them more room which is what attracted me to it :thumb: and for £35 including delivery.....! Also now at least I have a back up hutch/run set up if Harvey and Lilly ever fight (I really hope they don't but I bonded them last Spring so this is their first proper Spring together and as we all know bunnies get frisky over Spring and can end up getting fed up of each other as a result so I feel happier having a back-up).

Back