• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binned........

Status
Not open for further replies.

PippinWarrenJnr

Warren Scout
20130211_155118_zpsffe94d2b.jpg

20130211_155146_zps5104812a.jpg

I was given this by a friend it's far too small for any rabbits but if anyone would like a renovation project for Guinea Pig's please PM me and make a donation to BARC animal rescue, angela.bell3@hotmail.co.uk
Solid wood construction just needs a lick of paint and maybe some new roof felt and abit of modifying to make an under run. Shame for it to be thrown in the skip..

Thankyou :thumb:

Last edited:
In my opinion no piggies would be happy in that, sorry, its too cramped. The minimum for a pair of piggies is 4ft on one level and even that is too small for most pigs to live comfortably without squabbles.

I'd burn it :wave:

In my opinion no piggies would be happy in that, sorry, its too cramped. The minimum for a pair of piggies is 4ft on one level and even that is too small for most pigs to live comfortably without squabbles.

I'd burn it :wave:

I'm no expert on piggy housing just thought someone with a bit of DIY knowledge could make this useable. I did say it it was in need of renovation so the worlds your oyster as far as extensions go especially two levels and a possible third with run. Also surely it has to be better than most hamster cages that Ive seen some use on here :shock:

I don't think anyone on here uses tiny cages for their piggies :), or I've not seen any anyway. It was nice of you to highlight this as a potential restoration project but sadly I agree that it's not big enough for piggies either :(.

What about renovating it to be used as a hideout/shelter in a rabbit run - shelves removed and legs chopped off, of course.

Last Friday I took a hutch from Kirkby where I volunteer, it's a good solid build but only 3 foot long (was handed in along with the bunnies that were living in it :(). I'm renovating it to use as a hideout in one of my runs.

What about renovating it to be used as a hideout/shelter in a rabbit run - shelves removed and legs chopped off, of course.

Last Friday I took a hutch from Kirkby where I volunteer, it's a good solid build but only 3 foot long (was handed in along with the bunnies that were living in it :(). I'm renovating it to use as a hideout in one of my runs.

This:thumb: Definitely wouldn't use it for piggies I'm afraid.

I'm no expert on piggy housing just thought someone with a bit of DIY knowledge could make this useable. I did say it it was in need of renovation so the worlds your oyster as far as extensions go especially two levels and a possible third with run. Also surely it has to be better than most hamster cages that Ive seen some use on here :shock:

I've not seen anyone on here with a hutch that small for their guinea pigs, and certainly none kept in 'hamster cages', which I actually think would be quite offensive to some people.

For the record, my HAMSTER lives in a cage longer than that hutch, and I would never put one guinea pig in this cage, let alone two. It's also too dark to have an animal in it.

I think you would be better off advertising it as a shelter for a run.

I've not seen anyone on here with a hutch that small for their guinea pigs, and certainly none kept in 'hamster cages', which I actually think would be quite offensive to some people.

For the record, my HAMSTER lives in a cage longer than that hutch, and I would never put one guinea pig in this cage, let alone two. It's also too dark to have an animal in it.

I think you would be better off advertising it as a shelter for a run.

Not a problem. Duly binned.

Would of made a great hideout, shame its been binned :(
Did your friend keep rabbits in it?!?!?

Did I eck! Its far too small for Rabbits, I wouldn't even use it as an hide out. If you read start of thread I was given it by a friend who did keep a couple of piggies in it. Thought it could be extended by someone but I was wrong.

I'd say it'd be perfect with the legs off shelf out and door off as a hideout in a runn for either piggies or rabbits (obviously wouldn't lock anything in it) but a shelter would work

I agree, just take the mesh out as it has a nice shape in the door :thumb: Painted up would make a nice little shelter (without the shelf as people have said) :wave:

You mean as a cage for hamsters, or that people on here use hamster cages for piggies? :? Most hamster cages on sale are no bigger than 2 ft long!

Oh dear this seems to have gone a bit off topic, I feel sorry for the OP!

OP was just trying to do soemthing nice and make some money for a rescue. :love:

Oh dear this seems to have gone a bit off topic, I feel sorry for the OP!

OP was just trying to do soemthing nice and make some money for a rescue. :love:

I agree.

I think it would be handy without the legs, inside a shed as something snuggly for bunnies in winter full of hay. Bunnies love to jump into small spaces and bury themselves in hay.

I agree.

I think it would be handy without the legs, inside a shed as something snuggly for bunnies in winter full of hay. Bunnies love to jump into small spaces and bury themselves in hay.

Definitely :thumb:

Someone would be able to make good use of it as a hideaway and help a rescue in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back