• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Okay For Little Paws?

I am planning to get a new laminate floor in my bedroom (aka the pet room! :lol:) I was just wondering if it would make Cupcake feel uncomfortable because it may be hard and cold on her little paws...? Just want to make sure she should be safe on it before I go and get some new flooring as I don't want her feet getting problems.... :thumb:

Hard and cold is no problem, but many people find that bunnies won't walk on laminate due to its slippiness. Could you perhaps get wood effect lino, which is less slippy than laminate flooring? Might be cheaper too. Probably won't look as good though :( Lots of people have to put a lot of rugs down for bunnies as they won't step foot on laminate. Personally my two were okay with walking on it, but would frequently slip when running/binkying or running off because of a noise which worried me a lot.

Hard and cold is no problem, but many people find that bunnies won't walk on laminate due to its slippiness. Could you perhaps get wood effect lino, which is less slippy than laminate flooring? Might be cheaper too. Probably won't look as good though :( Lots of people have to put a lot of rugs down for bunnies as they won't step foot on laminate. Personally my two were okay with walking on it, but would frequently slip when running/binkying or running off because of a noise which worried me a lot.

Glad to hear it wont cause her feet any pain. Thankyou. :thumb:
I'm going to have a look at wood effect lino to see how good I think it would be. I will probably dot several rugs around so that she can play without slipping about then too.
Thanks for the help! It was very useful! :p

Back