• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feedback on these

Daniel

Alpha Buck
I posted this before but it got removed, my fault so I’ll try again now. This is just mainly for feedback, to see if something needs changing, what else can be added and so on.

It’s my range of play things, hideouts, tunnels, jump boxes etc and I’m calling them “Hop On”.

Like I said, after feedback if these are worth doing, and making many more like hay racks, other tunnels, bigger and smaller boxes etc. They're nothing great, been in the workshop for a while now.

8447633492_3705611075.jpg

8446545825_758e47d620.jpg

8447633242_190e77213f.jpg

They look pretty good to me! Just a couple of things: It may be worth doing the house/kennel type one with a flat roof, as then it gives bunnies somewhere to sit. Perhaps the option of a sloped or flat roof? Also, the ramps seem rather unnecessary as most rabbits will be able to jump that height, but the ramps mean they're good for guinea pigs. Perhaps have the ramps optional too? I know I wouldn't really want the ramps, but guinea pig owners likely would.

I'd also give the option to have it painted certain colours (one of which being a waterproof one), or to leave it untreated so the customer could paint it how they want. The paint has to be pet safe, of course, but I'm sure you know that.

They do look good! Are they a modular design so you can make it the shape/design you want for the space you have?

Yes I think they are great too. I was looking at getting something for Doughnut last year but they were abit too expensive. I saw them on ebay and was hoping to get a link for you on other ideas for rabbits but they aren't there any more.

Basically it was a small corner house with a ramp to the side so rabbits could sit on top of the house or go inside it. I think they were selling for about £20 but can't remember now. They weren't that big and the ramp wasn't big either.

They look pretty good to me! Just a couple of things: It may be worth doing the house/kennel type one with a flat roof, as then it gives bunnies somewhere to sit. Perhaps the option of a sloped or flat roof? Also, the ramps seem rather unnecessary as most rabbits will be able to jump that height, but the ramps mean they're good for guinea pigs. Perhaps have the ramps optional too? I know I wouldn't really want the ramps, but guinea pig owners likely would.

I'd also give the option to have it painted certain colours (one of which being a waterproof one), or to leave it untreated so the customer could paint it how they want. The paint has to be pet safe, of course, but I'm sure you know that.

They do look good! Are they a modular design so you can make it the shape/design you want for the space you have?

Yes it's a modular design, all the products above are single items joined using hinges. Pet safe colours is another idea :D, the ramp can also be used as a bridge between boxes, the small pet/rabbit house can have a flat roof, but i've found no problem yet with rabbits sitting on them.
Yes I think they are great too. I was looking at getting something for Doughnut last year but they were abit too expensive. I saw them on ebay and was hoping to get a link for you on other ideas for rabbits but they aren't there any more.

Basically it was a small corner house with a ramp to the side so rabbits could sit on top of the house or go inside it. I think they were selling for about £20 but can't remember now. They weren't that big and the ramp wasn't big either.
That something i can look in to sure.

I posted this before but it got removed, my fault so I’ll try again now. This is just mainly for feedback, to see if something needs changing, what else can be added and so on.

It’s my range of play things, hideouts, tunnels, jump boxes etc and I’m calling them “Hop On”.

Like I said, after feedback if these are worth doing, and making many more like hay racks, other tunnels, bigger and smaller boxes etc. They're nothing great, been in the workshop for a while now.

There is already a range of bunny products called Hop Inn, they make fabric tunnels and cubes. I know your products are obviously wooden but you might need to be careful and check out the legal aspect to do with trademarks if you want to use the name Hop On, especially if you want to develop this into a proper business.

If you do these for Guinea Pigs as well, they will need some type of rail around the top to stop them from falling off the top and hurting themselves.

Apart from that these look good. I would especially like to see a large-ish Hayrack (for two bunnies) as they generally on the small side, preferably with a lid/cover so they can't get their legs caught.

There is already a range of bunny products called Hop Inn, they make fabric tunnels and cubes. I know your products are obviously wooden but you might need to be careful and check out the legal aspect to do with trademarks if you want to use the name Hop On, especially if you want to develop this into a proper business.

If you do these for Guinea Pigs as well, they will need some type of rail around the top to stop them from falling off the top and hurting themselves.

Apart from that these look good. I would especially like to see a large-ish Hayrack (for two bunnies) as they generally on the small side, preferably with a lid/cover so they can't get their legs caught.

Thank you for the heads up, i did do a quick trademark search and found nothing like Hop On that was registered, i wasn't aware of any products called Hop Inn but now i am thank you, i'll have to look for another name for them.

I'm currently working on a hay rack but had no luck so far with the design.

d8767e51b24ccd4a9277a82579120f3f.jpg

This is a good hay rack/litter tray combined but my 2 bunnys can't fit in together , something similar to this that holds a underbed storage box so both bunnys can get in :)

Great looking rabbit houses. Quite inspired me. Seen your website before. Good to see decent sized cages being sold. Best of luck with your products.

This is a good hay rack/litter tray combined but my 2 bunnys can't fit in together , something similar to this that holds a underbed storage box so both bunnys can get in :)

Has gave me a idea, but won't be like the above as that is copying, thank you to everyone that has gave me feedback, it all helps.

I'd love something like Wendles but as mentioned big enough for all the bunnies

That would be fab..

I'd love something like Wendles but as mentioned big enough for all the bunnies

That would be fab..

Me too!! I was looking at them only the other day (after seeing Wendle's on another thread), but it was the size of the tray that made me have second thoughts. I'd definitely need a bigger tray, possibly a bit deeper too so that the diggers have a harder time kicking all the hay out and making a complete mess. :roll:

I love the hideouts and tunnels that you're making. :thumb:

I think the market for outdoor products for bunnies in runs is lacking a lot. Some of the little house type styles and tunnels that are around aren't suitable for outside. Even the waterproof type plastic tunnels aren't that great as they're blown around by the wind. I'd seriously consider making everything suitable for outside, I think that's a huge market that's relatively untapped.

I think the market for outdoor products for bunnies in runs is lacking a lot. Some of the little house type styles and tunnels that are around aren't suitable for outside. Even the waterproof type plastic tunnels aren't that great as they're blown around by the wind. I'd seriously consider making everything suitable for outside, I think that's a huge market that's relatively untapped.

I agree, as long as the above are treated with a stain or garden shades they be fine for outdoor use, i've got a plywood small hideout i made that's been outside since June and looks good as new.

Something like this Wendle? It's not got a hay rack joined yet, the one i started is just to tall, if anyone like to see it, let me know and ill post it here.

8468406396_803086e632.jpg

8467312229_73470c2f72.jpg

Another box i made a while ago is here:

8468406658_248356f7dc.jpg

8467313009_8b808c8b85.jpg

How big are they? Or do you do different sizes? It seems to be quite difficult to find things for giant buns to fit in so I'd be interested if you did big bun sizes too

Back