• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trip to the vets for a sad bunny

sammy4586

Young Bun
Rambo is going to be annoyed at me later. As he has only came out of his cage for about 3 hours in the past week sincd his brother died, the vet wants to do a routine check and to help with the grieving. I hope my lil Bean is ok. Hate seeing him so sad xx

Im thinking of getting him a lil girly to keep him happy :) how soon after he lost his brother would be best

I waited a week before finding Sebastian a new wife, he was like your little one I just couldn't leave him any longer :(

Thankyou :) since hes been back from the vets hes not wanted to go back in his cage bless him. He was wnuggled up bext to the cat this morning and has enjoyed all the attention. I think hes going to be ok

I waited a few months before getting Fiver a new friend.. in hind sight I should have got another sooner. I was absolutely devastated at losing Ellie and didn't really want to get another bun for a good 6 months or so after. Obviously as bad as I felt, Fiver felt worse. He went into repeated stasis episodes, refused to move from the window sill and because of the intermittent stasis he ended up needing a dental. A week after his dental I got him Xena. He has not been in stasis since :love: He only just had a dental last month but he hadn't even stopped eating even though his teeth weren't too good. He recovered much better afterwards and is clearly much happier. I think it depends on the individual bunnies, some cope much better and you can take your time getting them another friend but some need another friend asap to take their mind off feeling so lonely.

I hope he will be ok. Give him lots and lots of snuggles! :thumb:

Back