• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopsy likes the critical care now -U/D 13-02

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
We were having a bit of trouble getting Flopsy to take the Oxbow critical care in the big 15ml syringe and because of the strong Liquorice aroma and taste so what we decided to do was get some organic Ella's Kitchen Apple Puree baby food and then mix it together and put it in the 1ml syringe he is use to and takes his Metacam from. Lily had a bit first to show him that it was okay and then he took it quite willingly whereas before when it was just the critical care he had to be forced. Must be making progress :D Still not eating great amounts of dried stuff alone but we're getting there, come on Flopsy :love:

Last edited:
What a great idea. Will try it with my wabbits' wormer they thump and flee when I come to serynge (that came out wrong) feed them each morning. Hope Flopsy gets well soon bless him.:wave:

Update: just been out to the bunny shed to give meds and their nightly egg cup of pellets, I gave Flopsy his usual Metacam which he has to have twice a day which he likes then I gave him his oral Emeprid for his gut. He seemed a lot more hyper and as soon as i shook the pellet tub and he started running back and forth with lily I knew instantly he did not need the critical care tonight, I gave them the pellets and he happily ate them :D lets hope this continues and we can stop syringe feeding completely :) Ounce he is 100% back to normal we will be working on getting the fussy grumpy boy to eat more hay like his Lily :) :love:

Back