• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mistrel is a girl!

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
In the pet shop the woman said in passing that all the hamsters they had in were boys. But my sister didn't actually outright ask, so we were just going to check once we could lift 'it'.

Well, Minstrel is a girly :D Happy about that as I have a boy Syrian already.

She's already friendly enough to lift and pick up, only had her 2 days. :shock:

Minstrel by Niseag, on Flickr

Minstrel by Niseag, on Flickr

Pretty impressive skirt for only 8 weeks old.

Hairy hammy by Niseag, on Flickr

Holding her for the first time! by Niseag, on Flickr

Minstrel's fluff by Niseag, on Flickr

Don't know if it's just me but she looks like a big hammy for 8 weeks! Or maybe it's just all the fluff? Either ways she's so cute! :love::love:

I was going to say how could they missex her? Since boys are very obvious, then I saw the skirt XD That always makes it a lot harder.

:love::love::love: Gorgeous.

Are you 100% sure on the sexing? As I always thought that it was only the males that grew the impressive long skirts, females usually just have slightly longer fur all over with little tufts here and there. If she is a girl that could be why the shop got it wrong, as they may have been working on the same theory. :D

Either way, that's one very cute hammy. :love:

Are you 100% sure on the sexing? As I always thought that it was only the males that grew the impressive long skirts, females usually just have slightly longer fur all over with little tufts here and there. If she is a girl that could be why the shop got it wrong, as they may have been working on the same theory. :D

I thought this was the case also. All my LH girls have had "tuffs" where as my LH boy had a gorgeous skirt just like Mistrel. She is a very stunning hamster :love:

Don't know if it's just me but she looks like a big hammy for 8 weeks! Or maybe it's just all the fluff? Either ways she's so cute! :love::love:

I think so too, closer to 12 weeks is my guess, but she's my sisters hammy, so I'll just leave her to think she is 8 weeks. If she is genuinely 8 weeks, she's going to be a pretty big adult :shock:

See, that was my first thought too. This ham is totally baffling me. 'Her' holes are very close together, and totally different to my male Syrian's. But all I'm told on the hamster forum that only a male can have that skirt. She looks different to my previous long haired males. I'm baffled. Maybe its a heshee :lol:

See, that was my first thought too. This ham is totally baffling me. 'Her' holes are very close together, and totally different to my male Syrian's. But all I'm told on the hamster forum that only a male can have that skirt. She looks different to my previous long haired males. I'm baffled. Maybe its a heshee :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: It could be. The male appendages :lol: should be quite obvious within a few weeks if they aren't already so time will tell I guess.

Back