• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transporting hay

Alicia

Mama Doe
I got a bale of hay for the first time last month, and I put some bin bags down on the boot to put the hay on (I was going to use tarpaulin but its being used as a cover for one of the hutches and it was wet) but obviously the hay stuck to the sides of the boot and the back of the seats as well. It was really difficult to clean the hay off afterwards, I swept and hoovered it and still didn't get it all off, can anyone recommend any other way to stop it getting everywhere? I have a clio and it only just fit in the boot last time so I think this time I'm going to have to put the back seats down to fit it in better, but that means hays going to work its way all round the car :lol: I don't mind hay everywhere but my Dad and sister drive it sometimes and they don't like it.

Mine has always come off with a stiff blush. Last time we got one hubby went for it while I was at work, I'm still finding hay in the car now 6 weeks later!! For some reason he will not put it in his car, I wonder why??;)

I used to use an old duvet cover too; it's not 100% effective as the fabric picks up strands of hay that then transfers to the boot but much better than putting the bale straight into the boot...... and it's free. :D

I've just bought one of these though and I haven't found any hay at all in the boot since using it because hay doesn't cling to the outside of the bag. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHIRES-EQUESTRIAN-HEAVY-DUTY-HAY-STRAW-BALE-TIDY-BAG-/150916817039 They're not cheap though, so it depends how much the hay bothers you. :lol:

Back