• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soooo excited!!!!

el1983

Mama Doe
Just been in touch with a lady who was giving away a rex buny on preloved, he was going to be taken to an animal shelter today if they didnt get any interest in him! Im going to see him this afternoon, he looks gorgeous, i cant wait!!!!!!

0776899c-30f9-4190-836b-f3c1ebfcc716_zps90ea002b.jpg

30919234-50ea-47bf-b79d-c43819a88d5f_zpscfb2ba82.jpg

Here he is :love: Cant wait to meet him.

It feels like its fate, i left a message for someone last week who didnt get back to me, then yesterday i rang and left a message and emailed the blue cross and they didnt get back to me so i emailed this lady who has this bunny, i should of asked what his name was, my girls want to call him Buzz anyway so doesn't really matter. Hes not been neutered though so will have to keep him seperate from Bella till he is, but that will give them time to get to know each others through his run mesh lol. EEEEEKKKKK!!!!!!:love:

OMG!!!! I am so in love with this boy! Such a sweet little boy, just wish i could of taken him today, he was in such a teeny hutch on his own :( no toys just an overflowing bowl of muesli. His coat was so soft i love him, i held him and he was so sweet. Ive got to wait till 24th to get my boy!!!!

If that's his food bowl in the picture then :shock: :( he's very handsome! Why do you need to wait until the 24th? Did his hocks look okay? Looks like woodshavings, not so good for Rex feets :(

Because we have to get the play house set up for him and the run made higher and bigger, hubby works so will have to get it done next weekend ready for the following weekendplus i need to get him some bits like litter tray, bowl, i just want to be set up properly before we bring him home, he's not neutered so cant come in with bella, plus im getting bella's injections done next week so want to make sure she covered just in case. Ill have to get him neutered asap, and jabs then i can get on with bonding them :thumb: I didnt check his hocks.

Because we have to get the play house set up for him and the run made higher and bigger, hubby works so will have to get it done next weekend ready for the following weekendplus i need to get him some bits like litter tray, bowl, i just want to be set up properly before we bring him home, he's not neutered so cant come in with bella, plus im getting bella's injections done next week so want to make sure she covered just in case. Ill have to get him neutered asap, and jabs then i can get on with bonding them :thumb: I didnt check his hocks.

Ahhhh, thought it might be to do with them! :)

Sounds like a good plan :thumb: have you had a look at bonding threads? :) after he's been neutered you'll have to wait 6+ weeks for his hormones to die down completely, then you raise the chances of a successful bond :thumb:

What are you putting in the play house flooring wise? I got my lino from carpet right but you can get cheaper cut offs from the same/similar shops :) mine was £25 or something for 7x5 but I wanted a specific one:oops: :lol: I also got my dad to mesh the sides of the shed to protect it from the rabbits teeth, they don't chew it but I would hate to wake up one day and find a huge hole in the shed:lol:
I got my buns litter trays from wilkos, £3 for a 32L storage box :thumb: although I wanted to find a larger underbed storage box for them :D

Last edited:
Aww thank you for the info, i have some lino, there is a carpet fitter where i work and he gave me a cut off for the cupboard under my stairs but im going to give it to my new bun :love: I will go look in wilkos for a one of those bigger boxes for the litter box, i need to get Bella them as well really. I was thinking of putting straw down for his hocks, would this help? I was thinking of getting a cardboard box and filling it with hay for him, maybe a couple, i need to have a think about what i need to get put in there. We have some chicken wire my hubby could put round the walls to stop chewing, would this be ok? I need some locks for the door and want the run making higher, its too low for my liking. I cant wait to get my new set up in a couple of months (fingers crossed). Im going to look up about bonding and also caring for Rex bunny's.

He's absolutely beautiful! :love:

Just to make sure you have considered this (which I'm sure you have), do you have a plan for what you will do if they don't bond?

I think chicken wire would be fine, he wouldn't be able to grip anywhere because of the mesh being in the way :)

I'm not sure about the hocks, I know when Poppy had sore patches from the carpet I put extra blankets down. Maybe blankets on the lino would be enough? I don't really know tbh p! :)

Do you have an ikea near you? In my rabbits 'hay corner' in the shed, they have the ikea plastic bag holder as a hay rack above their 32L storage box :D it's all full of hay so the mess is contained to one corner :lol: Mine love boxes full of hay, I have to take it out after about 2 days because they make such a mess:lol:

Well Bella is in the house atm so i suppose she could just b the house bunny. Ill have the wendy house for Buzz so he could prob stay in there, id prob try and get him a friend to live outside with, we will see. Im getting a dog kennel with run for my bday which im hoping will b there live shack, im in no rush, the only rush im in is for more cuddles he is sooooo soft!!!!! I think hubby could prob knock something together for a hay corner. Just need a picket fence up on the patio area as well then he can run around on there. Come on spring!!!! I cant wait to spend the spring and summer with them

Back