• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutralising Rabbit's space

Azucena

Alpha Buck
Hi,

I've got a few questions about neutralising Humphrey's space for when he returns from the bonder (hopefully!) with a friend.

I've read about 50/50 vinegar/water mixture for neutralising.. It is boiled water needed or just warm?
Also, would using this on wooden things make them hold the vinegary smell?

Last one.. He has his own section of my room and hasn't been in the other bit for months (briefly in a crate after her neuter), but will use that when they're ready to free range round my room. Will I need to neutralise that area too? I'm wondering if his smell would be there too by me walking through both places. Maybe I'm being over cautious though!

Thanks!

Azucena.

i would like to know this too as i will soon be bonding and theres not many places in the house that are rabbit free :wave:
and what about carpets? do people use the vinegar water mix to give them a quick wipe over?

Hi,

I've got a few questions about neutralising Humphrey's space for when he returns from the bonder (hopefully!) with a friend.

I've read about 50/50 vinegar/water mixture for neutralising.. It is boiled water needed or just warm?
Also, would using this on wooden things make them hold the vinegary smell?

Last one.. He has his own section of my room and hasn't been in the other bit for months (briefly in a crate after her neuter), but will use that when they're ready to free range round my room. Will I need to neutralise that area too? I'm wondering if his smell would be there too by me walking through both places. Maybe I'm being over cautious though!

Thanks!

Azucena.

I just use cold water :) just to make the vinegar go a bit further. Personally i'd spray everything from three foot downwards.

i would like to know this too as i will soon be bonding and theres not many places in the house that are rabbit free :wave:
and what about carpets? do people use the vinegar water mix to give them a quick wipe over?

I just sprayed them with my vinegar water mix and left them to dry. You can sprinkle bicarb on and brush in, then leave it a while and vacuum if you want to be really sure.

I must admit, when i cleaned my hutch and shed for my retunring bonded bunnies, i used neat vinegar, left it and then rinsed it with water, smelled like a chip chop for an hour or two but once the newspaper, hay and littertray went back in. it smelled fine.....

Brown would do the same job and would be fine for an outdoor hutch/run but for I'd use white indoors to avoid staining.

Back