• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about Chandler. Do you know what he died from? :(

Good luck with your new girls, pictures would be nice. :) . If you got them from a pet shop, make sure they are girls when they go to the vets for their vaccinations as my Molly became a boy. :lol:

Is Joey neutered? Are they going to become a trio when they are all old enough and ready?

hiya. chandler just was hunched over in his cage and eyes half shut when i came home. hed managed to escape out his hutch but climbed back in. his heart slowed down and he couldnt stand :-( ?not quite sure though :-(

yeah there from pets at home. will try get pics tomo. not sure how to upload from phone to here though.

dont think jake will like them altho in summer ill put them out in run.

hope girls stay friends. hope they stay girls too lol. got to have em vacinated in 3 months. people say dont buy from pet shops though i always have xx

It is a bit pointless to get two together, they're inevitably going to fight before they're old enough to be spayed/neutered. Have you got a spare set-up ready in case this happens?

I don't know if you're planning on putting them in the same accommodation as Chandler was in, but since you don't know the cause make sure you disinfect really well. Things like E.Cuniculi and VHD can be picked up really easily. That's really sad about Chandler. I'd personally try and find a better vet. You'd think he would have called you in to look at him and if it was hopeless could have at least PTS so you didn't have to go through seeing him in pain. Poor you.

They shouldn't smell at this age so long as you keep them cleaned out well. They wont start getting hormonal hopefully for a while.

Most people on the forum get two adult rabbits that have already been neutered/spayed before bonding them. So yes, it's recommended to have two or more as rabbits really like the right kind of company. But they are also pretty territorial and hormonal and so without neutering can often fall out and fight, especially if they can, for example, smell an intact male bunny. Your male may also start spraying, if he doesn't already if he can smell females about. (It stinks like a mix of B.O. and onions to me. :oops: :lol: )

Last edited:
the vet just said keep him comfy and bring him in in the morning if he doesnt improve. he didnt think hed survive but said it sounded internal. he was ill for at least 16 hours. he had a fit and the death scream before he died. really upset me. i must be crazy having 3 rabbits but they will make me smile again am sure. cant wait till summer so they can go outside.

got them in my conservatory at min. worried theyl get bit stinky. there dwarf lops. so much bigger than my dwarf rabbit with pointy ears lol xx

They don't stink if they cleaned out every other day I've got 2 in my bedroom and all I can smell is fresh hay, is the boy bunny in with the 2 girls or are they separated :)

Females are terribly territorial and can have severe fights - someone brought me 2 baby (3 months old) girls because they fought. Bramble had sliced Lavender's ear in half so please keep watch, they can be very aggressive.

I think I remember you from another thread about your Chandler, in which case you desperately need a new vet :( Even if he thought the bun wouldn't make it through the night i'm pretty sure all vets would still recommend a consult at the very least, and maybe PTS if he was suffering xx

she said two girls and as there sisters should get on. but if they dont ill get another hutch. ive had two males that didnt get on. lots of people have two dont they?

It doesn't matter if they're related, all rabbits will reach an age where their hormones will go crazy and they will usually fight, sometimes fatally :(
They do need friends, but when they've all been spayed or neutered, which is why I personally don't think there's any point in getting more than one together.

Hope it goes well though :)

so the two females wont get on? his hutch has been cleaned and disinfected twice.

It's quite likely they will fight eventually. Just be sure to keep an eye on them and check for injuries regularly, and separate immediately if they are.

I would be quite doubtful if they did get on once they start getting hormonal especially if you don't spay... you could separate and spay in a few months and then rebond. After seeing what happened to Lavender with her ear I don't think i'd risk, but that's my opinion based on a terrible fight.

Just to let you know - I shop in P@H too but some of the staff give really bad advice regarding bunnies so don't take their word as gospel :wave:

ok. i wont get them spayed but if they fall out ill get another hutch. i think some of them do get on. they have ones for adoption in pairs. only time will tell but hopefully theyl be no violence

Just so you know spaying is not just so they can be friends. 80% of unspayed does get uterine cancer by the time they are four or five. It also will help them with their litter training and they will likely be much happier and friendly rabbits.

Just so you know spaying is not just so they can be friends. 80% of unspayed does get uterine cancer by the time they are four or five. It also will help them with their litter training and they will likely be much happier and friendly rabbits.

:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back