• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet visit for Molly on Monday.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
All our rabbits look bright and are eating well, but I picked up Molly, and I do so all the time, but today it registered that she has lost weight. She seems to be eating ok but we lost her sister Milly a few months ago ( e.c related issues) but they are 6.5 years old. So I'm guessing a tooth check and bloods to make sure all is well.
I really need to save up for a set of proper scales and have a routine of weekly weigh ins.

Just so many things to consider as we get more experienced.

Molly goes in tomorrow for bloods and a proper dental check, assuming her bloods are ok. Her teeth haven't any spurs but a couple are yellow at the base and the vet wants to check there is no infection there. She has a scabby bit on the side of her face but not sure what it is and it's not positioned near the tear ducts or mouth, the vet wanted to clear it up first but if its not linked to the weight loss I don't want to wait before dealing with it.

On the positive, at nearly 7, Oddeye's teeth are perfect.:D

Back