• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hate it :(

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
I just hate that we can't move out :( I hate that we could clear the bigger "shed" at my bf's and have the hutch and make a run in there for Leo and a friend but I doubt we'd find anywhere for all the **** in there.. maybe, I don't know :( I hate that we have 2 indoor rabbits who clearly need their own bunny kind but because we still live at home, we can't have anymore :( no more room at mine in the garden and no way are they going outside in the garden or field or 'stables' at my bf's because of the amount of foxes that live here.

Poppy is okay, but Leo is getting depressed :cry: I can sit with him and he'll just push for fuss for 10 minutes then go and lie down or keep nudging me until I move, he doesn't know how to be a rabbit, he needs a friend to show him :cry: I spent nearly 2 hours with him last night while I was reading but he wasn't bothered :( I have tried everything but all he really does is eat and sleep :(

I know it's better than how he was kept before but he's so sad and I can't do anything :cry:

You're doing what you can with the space etc that you have.
Leo will survive he has you, and you'd be surprised how much he will enjoy your company, he may not want noserubs etc all the time but he will be enjoying your company xxx

Could you not have a proper sit down with your parents and explain how unhappy it's making you to see him like this?

I thought he had his own room, which a friend could share, so it can't be space that's an issue?

You're doing what you can with the space etc that you have.
Leo will survive he has you, and you'd be surprised how much he will enjoy your company, he may not want noserubs etc all the time but he will be enjoying your company xxx

He just looks so bored all the time :( I want to bring him into the bedroom for the day in the puppy pen so he can have more human company and Poppy too, she'll probably thump for a bit but she likes it too :( they lie next to each other through bars, it would be a perfect match if their needs weren't so different. My bf said no though:roll: he'll say he's sad and everything but won't help me try and do anything about it, he just sat with him for about an hour and Leo fell asleep next to him. He's just such a lovely rabbit, I feel so poo about keeping him on his own :(

It's horrible, but if we had left him where he was we could have found Pop a friend, but we couldn't leave him so now we have 2 singles :( it's just so frustrating.

Could you not have a proper sit down with your parents and explain how unhappy it's making you to see him like this?

I thought he had his own room, which a friend could share, so it can't be space that's an issue?

It's my bf's parents and while his dad isn't bothered his mom said no more. It would be so easy to send him to FatFluffs or another rescue so he can find a girlie but we're not allowed anymore :( we have a 6ft hutch and 5ft hutch and run space which we could attach and make a huge run to go in the shed but it's easy for me to say when it's not my house :( we can afford 2 more rabbits which is annoying because it would be so easy.

My mom said we could have him at mine in the garden but there isn't enough room left with the 2 sheds and everything.

Last edited:
I know a little how you're feeling :( I've realised just how happy the rabbits are indoors but my parents won't even consider having them upstairs, they can't stay in the conservatory forever and they are so so miserable outside, and now with our fox scare I don't want them outside even more! :cry: I'm the happiest I've been in a very long time too but they just won't consider it

I know a little how you're feeling :( I've realised just how happy the rabbits are indoors but my parents won't even consider having them upstairs, they can't stay in the conservatory forever and they are so so miserable outside, and now with our fox scare I don't want them outside even more! :cry: I'm the happiest I've been in a very long time too but they just won't consider it

I think it's harder for people to understand that they're not like the 'usual' pet, they need their own company, sometimes ours isn't enough. Especially with Leo! I'm hoping to push the idea of a set up in the shed. That way we can have a big (albeit mixed up hutches/runs) set up for 2 rabbits that aren't in the house (which is the main problem!)

My bf wanted a shed and double meshed aviary set up for him but there is no way he's going outside here, I'm watching badgers and foxes here every night! I don't know why we wouldn't be able to use the shed tbh, it's being used for junk atm and about 4 years ago my bf had 2 guinea pigs in there for 6/7 years.

they're so misunderstood, Leo behaves like people expect rabbits to behave which is the biggest problem isn't it :( you can't get people to understand because to them the rabbit is behaving like a normal rabbit :cry:

they're so misunderstood, Leo behaves like people expect rabbits to behave which is the biggest problem isn't it :( you can't get people to understand because to them the rabbit is behaving like a normal rabbit :cry:

Apparently because he's in a better set up than he was in he's fine :( He's not suited to indoors really, you should see the hole he's dug in the carpet :shock:

Gah :( there are 2 sheds, one has a tractor in and stinks of petrol, the other now has the petrol lawn mower in. Why they can't be in the same one I don't know :roll:

:( my bf just spent 15 minutes giving his room a proper clean up, getting the hay and fluff off everything, to make me feel better. It didn't as much as I like them being clean and tidy.. He's still bored and alone :(

Can't you get your own place? Then you can keep your buns to your standards and not someone else's. I know how frustrating it is trying to get people to understand about bunny's needs.

Can't you get your own place? Then you can keep your buns to your standards and not someone else's. I know how frustrating it is trying to get people to understand about bunny's needs.

Nope, otherwise we would be gone. Just can't afford it :( my bf is having more operations on his knees so he can't work and I only work part time.

:( that is such a difficult situation. I can sort of relate as I still live at home (big MH probs meant I lost my job and not well enough to work so no money to live anywhere else atm) and my grandparents don't really understand why I keep pushing for "bigger and better". Had a few arguments when I bought the playhouse and yesterday the dog kennel/run because they just see it as "clutter" and making it awkward to cut the grass, whereas I see it as bunny heaven :lol:

I know what you mean :( when Acorn was on her own out side in the hutch she looked so miserable all alone. I nagged and nagged for mum to let me get another rabbit, and thankfully she let me:roll: is there any chance that Leo can go in the playpen ? Just for a couple hours a day ?

Sorry not read all the thread, but is there any reason why Poppy's setup can't move into Leo's room? It would mean less space for him but would mean the both of them can interact through the bars but still be apart for their dietary reasons etc (plus I've seen pics of his room and its huge so plenty of space for two bunnies)

I know how you feel a bit, but we have our own place! We have two buns - and a stray in the living room :shock: - but this house isn't suited to them really. We are looking for a new place soon :thumb:

You just have to make the best of what you have while you're where you are.

Back