• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Turned aggressive!!

Emmyx

New Kit
My rabbit is called Rosie, she is a rescue and extremely curious and quirky. She is a lovely rabbit up until yesterday! So..I had her spayed due to wanting to get her a playmate and stop risk of uterine cancer, but anything I now touch she runs at me, growls at me, and at her toys!

I'm not sure how to regain her trust apart from sitting quietly with her until she thinks I'm no threat again :(

Is trust the reason why she's being like this?

I love her to bits! Just want to cuddle her to say sorry for putting her through it! :( x

Also, if she was spayed recently, did the vet give you any pain relief to take home? Pain often makes buns aggressive. Just a thought.

Ahh yes she was spayed on Friday so only couple of days, she's just confusing me! One minute she'll be fine with me, then she'll become defensive and protect her food etc!! X

There is always a 'why' to aggression. It could be that she is feeling in pain and is trying to protect herself, it could be she feels threatened and scared (having been taking yet somewhere else) and is trying her best to help herself feel the safest she can by protecting the things she considers hers.

Be patient with her.

Is she still on pain relief? I'm presuming she is, but felt I should ask.

Also, do you have any other animals in your house?

Back