• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bird Bunnies

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
I was telling a friends little girl all about the Honeybunny 'bird bunnies' the other day and when I'd finished the story she asked me "how many are still waiting for a home?" ...and I wasn't sure :oops: So Mrs Honeybunny....I wondered if you might have a min to post which bird bunnies are still with you? Are there any which you feel might stay? :(

I often think about the bird bunnies. I think they were the first large-scale rescue I was aware of, although I know there have been many. :(

The Bird Bunnies rescue was one that will stay with me forever and touched the hearts of many on the net.
All have been rehomed, and sadly Canary and Finch passed away:cry:, except for Raven and Swift
some belong to members of RU..so come on peeps pics please :D

But in the last week Raven has some interest from 2 people so hopefully will be in a home of his own..although his foster mum, Cathy, will miss him very much.

Swift is with me and will probably stay, although as some long termers have been fnding homes never say never:D

Here is one of the oldest bird bunnies, the lovely Falcon... :love:

Picture028-4.jpg

Picture1739.jpg

He's well over six now and is still a very happy, healthy little boy. Although not particularly friendly to other buns, he has gradually been accepted into a group, and will graze near them now, which he never did at first. He is a very good boy with eating his hay, and (usually) a good boy about going to his hutch at night. In the morning he stands up on his hind legs and gets very impatient until I open the door . Then it's breakfast, then off to hop round the garden. (You can see him here relaxing near to Merlin - another Honeybunny). Apparently he was kept in a rabbit carrier for years :evil: - now he's got plenty of space and is definitely making upfor him for lost time... :love:

These pics were taken last Spring and I will take some more in the next few weeks as a further update.

Picture1720.jpg

Here is one of the oldest bird bunnies, the lovely Falcon... :love:

Picture028-4.jpg

Picture1739.jpg

He's well over six now and is still a very happy, healthy little boy. Although not particularly friendly to other buns, he has gradually been accepted into a group, and will graze near them now, which he never did at first. He is a very good boy with eating his hay, and (usually) a good boy about going to his hutch at night. In the morning he stands up on his hind legs and gets very impatient until I open the door . Then it's breakfast, then off to hop round the garden. (You can see him here relaxing near to Merlin - another Honeybunny). Apparently he was kept in a rabbit carrier for years :evil: - now he's got plenty of space and is definitely making upfor him for lost time... :love:

These pics were taken last Spring and I will take some more in the next few weeks as a further update.

Picture1720.jpg

:love::love::love: gorgeous any bunny would be happy living in all this space I absoultly love looking at your pics and bunnys and falcon is gorgeous :love::love:

The gorgeous Goose is enjoying life in the playhouse with Willow. She's still a bit of a funny shape but her strength and agility have improved massively - as proved a couple of weeks ago when we found her in the big bucket we were using for cleaning out!
We'll get some more piccies soon when the weather is better, and I'm off to dig out some old ones...

Back with a pic from Christmas:
bbcc1525604cff62b1cae2ed341df716.jpg

And munching hay in October (after her bloat episode):
c785f7f5a1b8e805311084503fb45f2a.jpg

Last edited:
Pippt

Here is Pippit (grey) with her husbun. She loves other rabbits but isn't keen on humans so we try not to stress her by too much handling. She is gradually learning to enjoy open space but like Falcon I was told she lived in carrier for the first 2 years of her life so she is cautious of open space.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lovely to see pics of these bunnies in proper homes
and for those who didn't see the original thread, some of the rabbits were in tiny, filthy hutches, but others had been kept in carriers..no run time, just carriers:cry:
here are the carriers the bunnies had been kept in ( the blue top opening one and grey topped one were mine used for collecting the hutch living ones..the others were the rabbits homes) you can just make out Falcon in carrier on left at back..that was his living space :cry:

hinrescue.jpg

and here is the one Finch had been living in

finchcarrier_zps55d6ebd7.jpg

Bless little Pippit and her husbun :love:

An awful thing for you to deal with Jill, just awful :( and I know it's a situation which will always haunt you :(:(

You helped so many though, what a difference you made to them :love:

Another bird bunny, Flamingo, is now quite famous! she has her own Fb account and her mum loves her, and her others rabbits, so much she has just had their names tattoo'd on her foot!
if you search Fb for Milo Mimi harvey you'll find her..her mum is quite embarressed at the fact that when I had her boy for bonding she said any rabbit except a nethie..Flamingo was the only one he'd accept and she said oh well his choice..she then met the little bunny and Flamingo stole her heart and now enjoys the life of luxury :D

Last edited:
Another bird bunny, Flamingo, is now quite famous! she has her own Fb account and her mum loves her, and her others rabbits, so much she has just had their names tattoo'd on her foot!
if you search Fb for Milo Mimi harvey you'll find her..her mum is quite embarressed at the fact that when I had her boy for bonding she said any rabbit except a nethie..Flamingo was the only one he's accept and she said oh well his choice..she then met the little bunny and Flamingo stole her heart and now enjoys the life of luxury :D

:lol::lol: Lovely

if you search Fb for Milo Mimi harvey you'll find her..her mum is quite embarressed at the fact that when I had her boy for bonding she said any rabbit except a nethie..Flamingo was the only one he'd accept and she said oh well his choice..she then met the little bunny and Flamingo stole her heart and now enjoys the life of luxury :D

That's a lovely happy ending story. :love:

What was the story behind them? They're all very cute, I can't believe they were in carriers?!

lovely to see pics of these bunnies in proper homes
and for those who didn't see the original thread, some of the rabbits were in tiny, filthy hutches, but others had been kept in carriers..no run time, just carriers:cry:
here are the carriers the bunnies had been kept in ( the blue top opening one and grey topped one were mine used for collecting the hutch living ones..the others were the rabbits homes) you can just make out Falcon in carrier on left at back..that was his living space :cry:

hinrescue.jpg

Doesn't bear thinking about... :cry::cry:

Back