• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My First and Probably my Last- A Bear Wot I Made

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
This is Mary-Ellen. It has taken me since Christmas to make her as my arthritic hands just wont co-operate. I had wanted to make her clothes too, but I am now in too much pain so I picked up the dress and cardi for 25p from The Charity Shop

Anyway, here is Mary-Ellen

Rabbits980.jpg

Rabbits981.jpg

Thank you !!

I have never been gifted in the creative department, but I wanted to have a go at making my own Bear.

If my arthritis improves when the weather warms up I may have a go at making a small Bear xx

Thank you !!

I have never been gifted in the creative department, but I wanted to have a go at making my own Bear.

If my arthritis improves when the weather warms up I may have a go at making a small Bear xx

You should! She's very pretty... :love:

Very cute. :love:

We were driving past the Geranium shop on Monday and I could see about 5 teddies in the window. There was a lovely dark brown one but we were on the other side of the road so it was hard to tell what it was like close up.

she is soo lovely :love: i want to make a bear now :lol: did you get a special set of stuff to make her?

No, the fabric was that which I had previously used to re-cover my original Teddy Bear. But I decided I wanted him to remain his original colour. So I removed the grey fabric and re-did him in 'Teddy Bear yellow'.

The stuffing for Mary-Ellen is from an old duvet. It was the sewing that did for my hands/fingers. It was really annoying to have to restrict how much sewing I did in one sitting. But if I did too much I ended up so sore.

If I am able to make another Bear it will be a much smaller one which hopefully then wont take me so long to do !!

That is really good Jane. If I had known you wanted some baby clothes I had some my Nan knitted years ago and they have been stuck in a drawer :( We had a clear out this morning and took them to the charity shop. If I come across any more I will keep them for you.

That is really good Jane. If I had known you wanted some baby clothes I had some my Nan knitted years ago and they have been stuck in a drawer :( We had a clear out this morning and took them to the charity shop. If I come across any more I will keep them for you.

Awwwwww thank you :love:

I would rather had given them to you as they were sentimental but we couldn't keep everything. My Mum has some children's dresses there but she won't part with them for some reason ;) :love:

She's lovely Jane, well done!

I'm sure you can get aids for arthritus to help with sewing and stuff. My Nan does cross stitch and I'm sure she's got this thing that passes the needle through the fabric.

Back