• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Before there were rabbit forums.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
How did you find out information about caring for them?

I asked the vets and borrowed books from the library. Yes I am old!!

The rest was a steep learning curve. I know I made quite a few mistakes along the way, but thank goodness there is so much more information readily available these days.

I hope my furry family appreciate the hard work that has gone into understanding them and their needs.

not a clue, but our first rabbit was neutered and jabbed, had a large hutch and run (well for the time 4ft hutch and a 4x8ft run was massive!) and free range time! I went to the library when I first got gerbils as a child and got books out about them :thumb:

Google :oops: even then I did everything wrong :( although when Poppy was 6 months old my dad said her hutch was too small so he built her a 2 storey 7ft long x 2.5ft deep x 6ft tall hutch.

We joined te rwaf ad joined a 'hopper group' my parents were amazed that out of our group, we started off as about 5/6 couples/families we were the only ones to have got nuns cos of a child (me) we met some fantastic and knowledgeable people and my parent are still really good friends with several of them :thumb:

We had rabbit, guinea pig and hamster books but tbh most of the info was rather dated ad included instructions on how to breed, not what we were after! :lol:

Before Bumble the rabbit I had was years ago when I was little so a rabbit book. Even then though I remember being very conscientious about looking after her. I read that book thoroughly and it was quite indepth about the diseases I remember worrying she had myxi (she didn't at all I was just being paranoid because I loved her). That's why when I got Bumble I went out and bought a book again but I ended up looking a lot of stuff up on the internet of course.

Well rabbit forums probably existed most of my life (I think this forum was made when I was 11/12 :shock:) but I didn't go on the internet much until I was about 13 so I got lots of animal books for various species but found that they had wrong info a lot of the time. My parents had had rabbits since before I was born so they knew how to care for them when I originally got my first rabbits when I was 3 years old.

library or just asking around. frankly, i knew nothing, and i'd had rabbits on and off for over 40 years. shocking.

Before I got my rabbits I spent a good 6 months doing my due diligence using google and getting books from the library even having that i was still pretty clueless. Nothing beats coming here and getting someone's opinion on something the same way you can on here.

Before we got our first rabbits we went to the library and researched, though some of the information was a bit dodgy.

One book we got told us that making a mash of potatoes and vegetables for your rabbit was an excellent feed :shock:

Back