• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Flopsy is home - in stasis /Update.

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
So we got to the vets to be told he's still in stasis and he's not eating fully by himself yet , he's been in two days and has had various pain relief and gut stimulant injections. We've come back with critical care and have to syringe him every few hours . I nipped into pets at home picked up his favourite pick n mix treats and a bag of dried apple twigs and black currant leaves and he's had a nibble of about 4.black currant leaves . we've got to go back to see John in the morning . Vibes please

Any suggestions would be great

Last edited:
Fresh herbs and some grass, will help to tempt him.
hes just had a dental hasn't he? Or has he can't mind sorry xx

Sending him loads of vibes. Try him on herbs. They can be appealing as they are so fragrant and yummy! X

Grass will be good foe him, in small amounts.
It has sillica in it and that helps to keep the teeth trim xxx

Continuing recovery vibes for Flopsy!
Have you tried Basil - might get his taste buds going again.
He's in good hands with JC.

Hope Flopsy starts eating for you soon, it's such a worry! About 4/5 years ago I rescued 4 buns and one didn't eat for herself for 8 days after her spay, and then a couple years later the same when she had a dental. Keep persevering, Flopsy will come round eventually :wave:

since being home he has eaten several dried black currant leaves and he took his critical care well and he even came and took 6 pellets from me :D

Just wanted to add some more nomming vibes for Flopsy. :) Hope he is completely recovered soon.

Sending eating vibes for Flopsy xxxx

Sometimes I have resorted to waving leaves infront of their mouths to get them to push it away in anger, but they actually forget half way through and start eating it instead :D mine hate being handled though so things like critical care is almost impossible!

Back from vets, his gut is sounding better and we've come back with Emeprid and got to syringe feed him 3 times a day , he's doing okay at the moment :) he ate several pellets last night and parsley , just going to feed him now :)

Yep..... lots of nomming and pooing , flopsy!!!!... get well soon...

Fee xxx

Back