• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fidget - A rescued rabbit

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
I haven't posted much about Hopper Haven on here for a while, mainly due to the workload and lack of time, but since 2013 has started off with several awful neglect cases I thought I'd share a few with you.....starting with Fidget

Meet Fidget, a 1 year old female lionheadx with a story to tell………

Fidget was bred by someone who “liked baby rabbits” and who continually bred amongst her 19 rabbits. Fidget was given away at only 4 weeks old – far too early for a kit to leave its mother and litter mates. She was given to a family with young children who thought it was great fun to put her on the trampoline whilst they played on it, and Fidget was bounced around like a rag doll. As if that wasn’t traumatic enough for her, one of the children actually sat on her…..veterinary treatment was never sought….
The owner bought another of her rabbits to us (whose story will follow) who was severely matted – she preferred to hand him to us rather than seek any veterinary treatment. Luckily, during a conversation with the owner we heard about Fidget who was suffering “with a cold” – we asked her to sign the rabbit over to us as she was reluctant to see a vet, and along came Fidget.
On admission Fidget was suffering from pneumonia, seizures, a facial abscess and poor skeletal formation….things looked bleak as she struggled to even breathe……
Over the last three weeks Louise has nursed Fidget through the pneumonia and anorexia, and she looks a very different rabbit today from the poor little scrap that arrived three weeks ago.
She will need a lifetime of care to manage her seizures, improve her body condition by giving her space to exercise (she was kept in a tiny hutch), and to manage the facial abcesses that she will be prone to. Today the vet confirmed that in her short life she has suffered a fractured skull, which has now healed, but has changed the shape of her eye sockets and mouth, and will result in her having dental problems as her back teeth have been forced into the opposite direction.
At Hopper Haven we rely on sponsorship in order to keep doing what we do. If anyone feels able to sponsor Fidget take a look at our sponsorship page www.hopperhaven.org.uk or contact me for info....thanks for reading.

fidgetfeb813_zps57dcb33f.jpg

A Fractured Skull??? Poor poor bunny :cry::cry:

I am so glad she is safe and loved now :love: I hope she is able to have a happy and comfortable future with Louise caring for her x

A Fractured Skull??? Poor poor bunny :cry::cry:

I am so glad she is safe and loved now :love: I hope she is able to have a happy and comfortable future with Louise caring for her x

She'll certainly get the love and care she needs. Once she's fully recovered she'll get some friends and feel the freedom she's been denied so far :)

Oh Bless her that's so sad it's made me cry :cry:

So glad she is safe now and will be loved and cared for like she should have always been :(

Dear god....poor little thing :cry:

But so pleased she is safe now!

Honestly - I HATE people sometimes - just the sheer :censored: ignorance - just makes me so flippin MAD :evil::evil::evil:

I know what I'd like to do to her previous owner and unfortunately it's NOT pleasant. So sad but so glad she's with you now.

still can't stop thinking about her :cry::cry::cry:

did anyone offer to sponsor her? as I would love to transfer Loki's sponsorship over if shes not spoken for :love::love::love::love:

I feel really naughty too because next time I visit Brum I will sneakily visit other peoples sponsor buns as well as mine :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

still can't stop thinking about her :cry::cry::cry:

did anyone offer to sponsor her? as I would love to transfer Loki's sponsorship over if shes not spoken for :love::love::love::love:

I feel really naughty too because next time I visit Brum I will sneakily visit other peoples sponsor buns as well as mine :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh bless you Donna, you are so kind to HH.

No sponsorships have come forward, so I'll get yours transferred over.

Fidget will probably need a lifetime of care with her complaints, so are you happy to share sponsorship of her if we get any other sponsors come forward?

Oh bless you Donna, you are so kind to HH.

No sponsorships have come forward, so I'll get yours transferred over.

Fidget will probably need a lifetime of care with her complaints, so are you happy to share sponsorship of her if we get any other sponsors come forward?

HH has been kinder to me :love::love::love::love:

I am very happy to share as I know how expensive it will be to keep this little angel going for the rest of her life. just wish I could help more as you have so many bunnies needing help and I feel awful how little I give :(

Back