• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this normal for a rabbit?

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
When I stroke Florence, she lays down on her side and closes her eyes, you would think she was going to sleep. She isn't at all scared of me and comes up to me when I open the hutch, I have just never had a rabbit do this ever before.

Harry was like that, he had no awareness of any danger at all.

I don't think it's particularly healthy, but in his case as far as I know it was just the way he was rather than a health problem!

Sounds like a very relaxed bunny to me :love: when i stroke mine, they sometimes close their eyes and lay down, but never lay on their side!

I wish Doughnut did. She sits still while I stroke her but doesn't seem that bothered. She doesn't close her eyes. She doesn't seem to like nose rubs either as I stroke her nose and she then seems to knock my hand out of the way and sometimes bounces off!

I get lots of kisses though and jumping on my lap for food but I wish she would enjoy cuddles.

Thanks everyone, I was worried it was a fear thing or something, even though she isn't scared of me. It just stumped me as I have never had a rabbit who did that before.

Back