• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could you spare a few thoughts for 2 special girls UD p19

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry to ask again but things are not going well here :(

Hermione the emaciated rabbit that arrived over Christmas has now not only failed to put weight on but has lost another 300g in 2 weeks :cry::cry: She is being fed junior pellets round the clock and should have doubled her weight not lost more. Bloods were taken a few weeks back which were normal. She is part way through a course of panacur but obviously that hasn't helped so far :( She is going back to the vets next week just to give it a bit more time for the panacur to work some magic but I am not holding out much hope. Not sure where we go from there really.

Also we have had bad news today about Cinderella our little disabled bunny. She has the worst splay leg we have come across and today the vet could tell it was causing her a lot of pain when she manipulated it. So Cinders is going back tomorrow for x-rays :( depending on what they find she may well need an amputation. I have never had a splay leg bunny have an amputation as normally their pelvis and spine are already too rotated so we are very concerned. I am even worried about her sedation tomorrow as when bunnies have deformities on the outside you never quite know whats going on inside :?

P1040040.jpg

P1040046.jpg

P1040036.jpg

Last edited:
Mega mega vibes for both these beautiful girls. I really hope that the trip to the vet goes well for them both. Xx

Millions of vibes for these two gorgeous girlies x So sorry to hear this, I honestly don't know how you do it (((big hug)))

Lots of thoughts and vibes for you all - and big big hugs! You deserve a medal for what you do!

Thanks. Just after we had sorted everyone out at the vets this morning I cleaned out the piggies to find a significant amount of blood in their hutch, I have no idea which one it is from so both are going to the vet tomorrow with bunny Lulu who has nosiy breathing and Cinders!

Sorry today hasn't been a good one. :( Sending vibes for all who need them. xxx

Hermoine and Cinderella, I am sending you strong healthy vibes.

Come on little sweethearts, you can get better. Trust your wonderful carers. xxx

Some fairly good news ( for a change) having done the x-rays this vet feels removing Cinderella's leg at this point is not in her best interests and probably never will be which is a real relief to us.

Sadly at only 9 months old she already has arthritis in her hip which is what is causing her the discomfort.

We all know she wont have a terribly long life but hopefully we can keep her comfortable on pain relief for as long as possible without the trauma of an amputation :love:

Some fairly good news ( for a change) having done the x-rays this vet feels removing Cinderella's leg at this point is not in her best interests and probably never will be which is a real relief to us.

Sadly at only 9 months old she already has arthritis in her hip which is what is causing her the discomfort.

We all know she wont have a terribly long life but hopefully we can keep her comfortable on pain relief for as long as possible without the trauma of an amputation :love:

I'm so pleased for her, and you, that the news is as positive as could be hoped for. :love:

Back