• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1st Anniversary of Acomb Rabbit Rescue!

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
One year ago today Acomb Rabbit Rescue officially opened! :shock: :D

My garden went from this waste of space...
GardenBefore1b_zps29ef0959.jpg

To this!
ShedRunsb_zps01ec6834.jpg

In one year, 15 rabbits have found wonderful new homes :D So here are the lucky buns...

Jerry (now called Jenny), dumped at a dog rescue, went to live with her new husbun Percy...
Jerry1b_zps1e8c3678.jpg

Sooty went to live with his new partner...
Sooty21b_zpsdf021da1.jpg

Maple & Treacle (two of 17 buns rescued in Wolverhampton), pictured in their new home...
MandTHEA1b_zps5ba7e024.jpg

Fudge (now called Arthur), one of the Leeds 35 buns, pictured in his new home with his new wife Leaf...
ArthurFudgeandLeaf2b_zps22247e86.jpg

Bronte (one of the Leeds 35 buns) went to her new home in Rugby...
Bronte1b_zpsa68b4df4.jpg

Lucky (one of the Leeds 35 buns) went to her new home with her new husbun Fluff...
Lucky6b_zpsada3d018.jpg

Humbug, pictured in his new home with his new wife Millie...
HumbugandMillie1b_zpse7e931b2.jpg

Bingo (one of the Leeds 35 buns) pictured bonding with her new husbun Dixie...
BingoDixie1b_zps354c624a.jpg

Beauty, bonding with her new husbun Dash...
BeautyDash1b_zpsaf071894.jpg

Pippin in his new home with his new wife Maya...
PippinandMaya1b_zpsf26b3592.jpg

Poppy & Tulip went to their new home...
PT11b_zpsd67121bf.jpg

Baby Ludo (now called Binky), one of the Leeds 35 buns, bonding with his new wife Daphne...
LudoBinkyDaphne1b_zpse75e8292.jpg

Berry (one of 7 buns brought in before Christmas), pictured in his new home with his new wife Betty...
BerryBetty1b_zps1cd05ca8.jpg

Thank you to everyone who has adopted, donated or supported us over the last year. Hopefully this year will be even better! :D

acombrabbitrescue.org.uk

www.facebook.com/pages/Acomb-Rabbit-Rescue
acombrabbitrescue@hotmail.co.uk

And a special thank you to Angie at BARC and Tree for all the advice on setting up the rescue, Jacks-Jane for the health advice, and to all the other rescues I've been in contact over the last year for various rescue situations who have accepted me and trusted me :love::love::love:

What a wonderful job you do Helen and all on your own. :love:

I must have missed you setting this up :oops:, as I would have been in Oz.

How did you come up with the name Acomb ?

Acomb is the area in York where I live. I thought about York Rabbit Rescue, but it sounded a bit grand for such a small rescue. I spent ages trying to think of a fancy name, but all the best ones are taken somewhere in the world, so I just settled for the area :oops: Sadly not everyone knows how to pronounce Acomb, so I usually get "Is that the rabbit place?" when people call :lol:

That is amazing - it really is! I don't know how you do you it but very glad those bunnies have found new homes through you. :thumb::thumb:

Acomb is the area in York where I live. I thought about York Rabbit Rescue, but it sounded a bit grand for such a small rescue. I spent ages trying to think of a fancy name, but all the best ones are taken somewhere in the world, so I just settled for the area :oops: Sadly not everyone knows how to pronounce Acomb, so I usually get "Is that the rabbit place?" when people call :lol:

I guess if you called yourself York Rabbit Rescue you would be inundated with calls. Its a cute name. I bet I wouldn't say it correctly, I often mispronounce UK areas. Hopeless.:oops: I had a lessen on how to say Norfolk properly the other day. You wouldn't want to know what they told me to say for the folk part. :lol:

What a fantastic achievement in such a short time. :wave:

You're doing a brilliant job and it's lovely to see pics of the lucky bunnies who, thanks to you, now have lovely new homes. :love:

Back