• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pudding is in for his neuter

cm85

Warren Scout
I'm a slightly shakey wreck :oops: I left him with the lovely nurse, he's got some of his favourite toys, his pellets and hay and I'm sure he'll be fine but argh! I need to go to work at 11ish, then pick him up tonight. I'm half glad of the distraction but also want to park outside the vets and pace all day. Will distract myself by giving his cage a big clean out and tidy up.
Does it ever get less worrying? I'm not sure if I've done the right thing regarding extras either. They offer bloods to check liver and kidney function (taking advantage of him being under GA), which I declined as I figured it would make him more sore, and IV fluid therapy throughout, which I went for, ignoring the extra £68-something...
Right, in 12 hours he will be home and it will be fine.

Vibes. I am sure he will be fine. I have had 2 girls spayed and 2 boys neutered and I was a nervous wreck the whole time.

Oh good, so I'll be just as terrified if he needs any ops in the future :lol: Thank you though, I came on here because I knew people would get it!

I don't think the nerves ever go... They are our babies.

But it is what is best for him and the risks are stupidly tiny, he'll be home tonight and you can have snuggles :love:

Oh good, so I'll be just as terrified if he needs any ops in the future :lol: Thank you though, I came on here because I knew people would get it!

I am a worrier though so I worry about the slightest little thing. :).

And it's completely normal to give him a kiss and say 'I wuff you little dollop of pudding' before you go isn't it? Vet nurse looked faintly confused :oops:

Good luck for Pudding.

I don't think you ever stop worrying. The things I say to my rabbits and the X's I give them at the vets I'm sure they all have a giggle in the staff room about me but Meh!! As long as my bunnies know they're loved that's all that matters.

Ohh Puds. I hope your bits feel better soon. It's totally normal to say soppy things, the nurses must hear it all the time.

I always tell him I love him and give him a nose rub or a kiss before I go out, I couldn't not do it today. And you're all right, they probably hear all sorts :)

I hope it all goes well for Pudding.:thumb::love:

We all get very worried about our bunnies, so you're not alone in having such feelings.:thumb:

And it's completely normal to give him a kiss and say 'I wuff you little dollop of pudding' before you go isn't it? Vet nurse looked faintly confused :oops:

I left my car at the garage this morning and said to it 'see you later' as I got out-you are 101% normal.

Hope all goes well for little Pud and he's home soon, I hope your nerves aren't too bad!!

Sending lots of vibes. I was beside myself the day Spenser was done. I think I drank about 15 mugs of extra strong tea. :oops:

Lots of vibes to you both - it is the most horrible day and not sure it does get better - you just get more used to it.

I always tell my lot to behave themselves - that was exactly what I mum used to say to me when she dropped me at school as a kid and now I say to my kids:oops:

Well he's home. Gave me a scare because he just looked so un-Pudding like and sleepy but I've given him some Critical Care and he seems..more Pud-like. Totally uninterested in banana :)shock:) so I'm going to keep giving a little Critical Care every half an hour/hour-ish. We've got Metacam too so will see how he goes. Back to vets tomorrow afternoon so they can make sure he's properly ok after the anaesthetic.
Suspect I'm in for a long night! Thanks for all the good wishes :love:

Good luck pud! Have been checking the forum regularly to see if you got your new ted :lol:
Hope Pud feels more like himself soon. We need more hoomin behavur updates!

Right... he's not eating or drinking. Still quite sleepy (he came round from the op at about 11:30am) but little bouts of alertness. I'm syringing critical care and slightly apple juiced water every hour or so. He's wee'd and there's a few poops. He's currently sat up washing himself, out of his cage (don't tell the vet!). I decided it was better to have a gentle move around to keep things circulating than to be confined - he just lays in his litter tray when he's in there. I plan to set alarms for every two hours throughout the night, I'll get up, do more critical care and water and let him have gentle floor time if he wants it. Does this all sound ok? He has a vet appointment at 4pm tomorrow and I'm not at work so can continue syringing if needs be. Oh, and he's had 6 drops of Metacam, nurse said he could have a half dose tonight if he needed it and he looked like he did :(
Also, am I being too OTT? I don't think I am, but tell me if I should just take a step back!

Back