• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science Selective

That's a bit worrying. Perhaps Burgess would be best for him. Did you change from it for a partiicular reason?

I've swapped (back) over to Fibafirst for two reasons 1. The choking thing and 2. if they can pick up their 'food' and run off with it my trio don't scrap.

We've changed from SS to Excel Sensitive - has a higher fibre count than Excel, but they love it just as much.
We only changed from Excel because of the amount of times someone told me they should be on SS, but Tibbsy has "choked" on it three times, and I'm just not comfortable with that.

She is very greedy, and gobbles her food - the Excel Sensitive seems to need more chewing so it slows her down.

We're delighted with the change - it is slightly more expensive as it only comes in small bags, but we've found a cheaper supply, and are spending less on hay so I'm not too bothered.

I am considering swapping onto something else as I am a bit fed up with the inconsistencies in different batches. Visibly looking and smelling different and having bunnies refuse to eat them when they are different. I've taken them for vet checks as I thought they were ill, but they were just being sensitive to the food being different. Money I could have done with saving! Today I opened a new bag and the pellets are huge! I do also get worried about them choking after reading things on here.

I changed to SS because it is much higher in fibre than Excel, and Spenser is not a good hay-eater. I suppose you have to weigh up different factors and go for what is best for your bunny.

I'd be tempted to get a teeth check just in case. I can imagine a one off but if he's done it twice there could be something in his mouth contributing to the incidents.

have you tried beaphar selective care?Chrissy was on them some time ago because of her front teeth removal, she couldn't take the big pellets anymore. Beaphar are on little pieces, it's unlikely that a bunny chokes on them I think.

Back