• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Jack's-Jane: May I please make a request?

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Jane :wave:
I was wondering, for those of us who may not know, could you tell us about how Inspector Morse and Big Libby met and fell in love?
I've enjoyed their pictures together so much. And I was just chuckling about the post you made about Morse thinking spring was here already. :lol: I would love to know their backstory, when you have time. :)
Many thanks in advance. :D

Hi Jane :wave:
I was wondering, for those of us who may not know, could you tell us about how Inspector Morse and Big Libby met and fell in love?
I've enjoyed their pictures together so much. And I was just chuckling about the post you made about Morse thinking spring was here already. :lol: I would love to know their backstory, when you have time. :)
Many thanks in advance. :D

I will pop back later with details :D

Righto, are you all sitting comfortably ?

Back in 2006 I saw a Freead for a very unusual looking Rabbit, a 'Lop Rex' advertised as a 'Velveteen'. The Rabbit was Lord Lopsley. A complete hooligan, a total headcase. Yes, I bought him from a Breeder. Please dont anyone turn this thread into yet another 'where people should obtain their Rabbits one !!

lops3.jpg

Lord Lopsley had such a huge character. When he suddenly died aged just 6 months I was totally devastated. He was found to have had a diseased Liver, the cause unknown.

I informed his Breeder and she informed the other Breeder involved. He then offered me another slightly older 'Velveteen' Buck called 'Kenny'
'Kenny' is now known as Inspector Morse :love:

Big Libby is one of 4 badly injured/ill Rabbits that me and another person removed from a Back Yard Breeder. I was arrested for 'stealing' them :roll:

Big Libby had a massive untreated abscess on her spine. My Vet operated on her and it was touch and go as to whether the infection would cause permanent spinal damage. Fortunately it did not.

Big Libby after surgery

Picture059.jpg

Once Libby had fully recovered from her traumatic start she was spayed. Morse was neutered and he then took it upon himself meet Big Libby. It was an easy bond and they have been together ever since, over 6 years now. Morse may be half her size, but he is the boss !!

Rabbits066-5-1.jpg

Rabbits1874-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits1877-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits1878-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits1881-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits1882-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits1883-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits1887.jpg

Rabbits1888-Optimized.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the story...and the gorgeous photos - those two are just beautiful...in fact all your bunnies are...:love:

:love::love::love:

Morse does not suit the name Kenny. Most definately an Inspector.

I am sorry about Lord Lopsley, he sounded like a character like the Colonel.

Such sadness about how rabbits are treated. I am glad you have Morse and managed to get Big Libby out of that place. They are a very content couple. How lovely that Morse sought her out. :love: How could he resist that big adorable face.

Those gorgeous photos have really made me smile. I love the ones of Big Libby using Morse as a pillow :love:

Lord Lopsley was beautiful. :love:

Back