• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is your bun a fussy eater?

Is your bun a fussy eater?

• Yes

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh, I should have included an option for people with more than one bun ... which is of course most people. :oops:

:lol::lol::lol: yes, I have four... three aren't too fussy, though they all turned their noses up at Ings :roll: Pebbles is fussy...his preference in order : Bread, cookies, apples from the bin:roll:, anything he can get out of the fridge..followed by ss pellets and a nibble of Oat Wheat & barley hay..won't eat any other hay at all!

p.s. i don't actually let him eat bread and cookies and prawn crackers if he nicks them...:lol:

Both of mine appeared to be very fussy eaters indeed. When I researched what they ate both had discovered plants which helped their respective illnesses.
Benjie has even discovered how to deworm himself before he's any signs of worms at all :shock: After a couple of days he stops eating that plant & doesn't touch it for the next 5-6 months!

mabel - no but she cannot stnad brussel sprouts :lol: or parsnips

sox - no, unless he sick then that becomes yes

Mini - definitely not, she always eats anything
Nutmeg - used to not eat anything fresh but now devourers most things
Smudge - eats most things, including window sealant :roll:

Thanks for responses. :wave:

I am interested in finding out how unusual Spenser's fussiness. I'm beginning to think he is as much a lazy eater as a fussy one. He will often eat his favoutite things, hop off to his fleece, and not eat any more unless I move his bowl over to where he has plonked his furry behind. :roll:

Pebbles was at first, simply because he needed to settle in and I don't think he has ever been made to eat hay before!

Luckily he got the idea though ;)

Nope, peter will eat anything! He has definite faves ( will do a lap of honour when given a fenugreek crunchie!) And particularly loves herbs!

Ludo will eat anything. Carpet, plastic, cardboard, elastic bands (found under the sofa, luckily taken off him in time), any random rabbit food he can get his mouth to and just about any hay and any fruit, veg or any other crumb of anything that happens to fall near him. :roll::lol:

Mr Bennett is. Not with hay like Spenser but I never know from one day to the next whether he won't like his pellets or gone off crunchies yet again.

He gets the odd small carrot now and then but most of it ends up buried under his hay. Sometimes he loves readigrass, sometimes he doesn't eat it.

The only food he doesn't reject at all is dill.

Mr Bennett is. Not with hay like Spenser but I never know from one day to the next whether he won't like his pellets or gone off crunchies yet again.

He gets the odd small carrot now and then but most of it ends up buried under his hay. Sometimes he loves readigrass, sometimes he doesn't eat it.

The only food he doesn't reject at all is dill.

I love the sound of peter crunching on a stick of dill!

Julie Hoovers anything up off the floor even meat. We have to be very careful. She'd eat anything before she even knows what it is. She will gobble sometimes then make a horrible face and hang her tongue out after especially after eating salmon once.

Thanks for responses. :wave:

I am interested in finding out how unusual Spenser's fussiness. I'm beginning to think he is as much a lazy eater as a fussy one. He will often eat his favoutite things, hop off to his fleece, and not eat any more unless I move his bowl over to where he has plonked his furry behind. :roll:

Thing is he has no incentive to eat quickly, no other bunny who is going to come and eat it all before he can. Since being bonded to Mini the lionheads have both got much quicker at eating because if they don't Mini will eat it!

Normally the lionheads would take about half an hour to eat a bowl of greens. This afternoon the three of them demolished a bowl in five minutes, and all three were eating all the time. Mini would quite capably have polished it ALL off if they hadn't had their share!

Mine will eat anything but have a particular liking for....

wood doors
wires
skirting boards
cat biscuits:shock:
leather sofas:evil:
wheelie bin wheels
the corners of the garden chairs

oh the list is endless

Thing is he has no incentive to eat quickly, no other bunny who is going to come and eat it all before he can. Since being bonded to Mini the lionheads have both got much quicker at eating because if they don't Mini will eat it!

Ah, yes, good point.

Some of the other responses made me gasp/giggle ... although my friend's rabbit ate all manner of 'wrong' substances when he was an indoor bun during his first winter.

Back