• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very very tempted... UD p21 ;)

Hele

Warren Veteran
A bunny came into the rescue I work in last week and was pretty much handed straight to me to sort out as I think I'm known as the 'bunny girl' :lol:

She's a beautiful grey lionlop and was in a right state, very mucky/sore bum, long nails, matted fur. Nothing hugely drastic in that I sorted her out pretty quickly but more than bad enough that I was very glad I didn't meet her previous 'owner' whose excuse for letting her get in that state was "I tried to groom her but she didn't like it and kept going for me"

The poor thing is half blind, so of course se has hutch aggression :roll:

Anyway, bum was washed, nails clipped, matts teased out, one much happier bunny was popped into a pen (we are out of rabbit accomodation and are now using cat pens we have sooooo many buns :shock:)

She LOVES it, she pootles about everywhere, lots of happy little flicks, not quite binkies but almost there, we gave her a box and she spent over an hour playing with it, so we gave her another. She then did a dbf right in the middle of a cat bed filled with hay, she was sparko :love:

I don't think she has ever had space... Or anything to play with :( she still goes for you if you approach her, not in a mean way but in a self defence cos she can't see you way. But if she hears you outside the pen she comes running over to say hello. I'm worried that we have very few females in at the mo and so cos she's pretty she'll go to someone who doesn't understand her :(

Basically I want her, my heart melted the first time I saw her and it's just got worse :oops: honestly tempted to set up a playhouse/run outside and take her to be bonded with one of my 2 when the weather warms up enough for one of my indoor bus to go out.... I shouldn't, it's a lot of money and we are saving. But I'm in love :oops:

Not sure why I'm posting, just can't get the little sweetheart out of my head :oops:

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel.
I had to pop into pets at home last night for some dandelion for Dexter as he loves it and he's refusing everything else.
Seen this lovely Belgian hare looking bun called Freddie in the adoption bit, I had my hand over the side of the glass giving him noserubs, he was grooming me!! Such a sweet wee guy, then a shop worker came over and opened the door for me to give him a proper stroke.
He just lay down and cuddled into me.
:(
He has obviously been loved before, such a shame that he's stuck in that tiny glass place.
Tried to talk to the guy about all the buns in the shop having more hay, he says he has two buns of his own and the buns in here have loads of hay.
I was like well not right now they don't.
He wasn't happy with me.
I just hope Freddie goes to a good home where they will treat him right, he's only a year old wee guy. :(

This probably won't help the situation but you two sound perfect for each other :love:

That's the problem I know I could give her a good home, I am also unsure that my boys will ever rebond so I could do with a wifey bun for one of them at some point, the other lives in the front room and as the oh works from home he has human interaction for normally about 18hrs a day.

So I don't think a trio would work, but I think Thor would like a wifey!

No piccies yet cos not allowed phones at work, I'll try and get one soon tho!

You sound like the perfect person for her. You know of her needs and understand how it affects her and got 2 bunny boys at home of which one could be made very happy with a pretty girl. Sometimes you just have to go with how you feel.

Currently cleaning the flat, very very well, James likes a tidy house.... I may be trying to butter him up!

Will he be in for "treats" later? ;)

If I start buttering up Steven he'll spot it straight away and say what is it you want! Lol

Am still happy to bond for you - a pair or a trio;)

Thanks Hun, a trio would be :love: not sure the rescue would let me though, they have a rule about bonding on site :( they know us both though so maybe I could talk them into it :p

This is all moot though, haven't even spoken to James yet :oops:

Phase one is complete, james agrees that Thor should probably be moved out into the garden in the spring....

On to phase 2... But he'll be lonely out there on his own ;)

I feel really guilty scheming like this, normally I'd just ask, but this has come at a bad time, we've just spent a rather large amount of money in order to hopefully make a lot more, so are rather strapped for cash at the mo :roll: in about a months time we'll be fine again (hopefully) so I don't need to worry that we can't afford her, just spending money on new accomodation right now is a bit iffy.

Thanks Hun, a trio would be :love: not sure the rescue would let me though, they have a rule about bonding on site :( they know us both though so maybe I could talk them into it :p

This is all moot though, haven't even spoken to James yet :oops:

Is it CRRC? They wouldn't let me have a bond off-site :( I wasn't happy leaving Moomoo there cause it's all outside....so we couldnt adopt from them.

Sounds a lovely idea - if you're sure you can cope with the financial implications (sorry, just trying to be realistic - which isn't one of my strong points.:roll:)

Is it CRRC? They wouldn't let me have a bond off-site :( I wasn't happy leaving Moomoo there cause it's all outside....so we couldnt adopt from them.

Yes it is, their rabbit care isn't up to the standard of the cat care, although it is improving all the time, and the staff (me included) all do our utmost for all the animals. All are clean, fed cuddled health checked (bum check at least once a day, and full health check at lest once a week) and have over 24sq foot, so I don't think we do too bad :thumb:

They don't allow off site bonding, currently all buns are in shelter for the winter (a large greenhouse and the barn) but yes it's outside, so I couldn't bond until spring cos Thor is a house boy. The reasons behind that are because they like to keep one rule for all and they have had too many bad experiences of bonds going wrong off site. Including a bun having its throat ripped out a few years ago :(

Edit to add that I don't think their rabbit care is bad, just their cat care is fantastic so there is a lot for the buns to live up to! :lol:

Yes it is, their rabbit care isn't up to the standard of the cat care, although it is improving all the time, and the staff (me included) all do our utmost for all the animals. All are clean, fed cuddled health checked (bum check at least once a day, and full health check at lest once a week) and have over 24sq foot, so I don't think we do too bad :thumb:

They don't allow off site bonding, currently all buns are in shelter for the winter (a large greenhouse and the barn) but yes it's outside, so I couldn't bond until spring cos Thor is a house boy. The reasons behind that are because they like to keep one rule for all and they have had too many bad experiences of bonds going wrong off site. Including a bun having its throat ripped out a few years ago :(

Edit to add that I don't think their rabbit care is bad, just their cat care is fantastic so there is a lot for the buns to live up to! :lol:

I had no problem with the care as such....Marnie is just a pampered indoor bunny :oops: they told me about their problems in the past and it was fair enough.....I just couldn't leave Manrie outside.....she'd never speak to me again :lol:

I had no problem with the care as such....Marnie is just a pampered indoor bunny :oops: they told me about their problems in the past and it was fair enough.....I just couldn't leave Manrie outside.....she'd never speak to me again :lol:

She sulked enough being placed in a small pen in my bedroom - so I dread to think what would have happened if you had left her to be bonded outside:D

It's a shame about CRRC bonding policy as it has stopped me adopting from them in the past. I would never let anyone else bond for me (bit of a control freak:oops:).

She sulked enough being placed in a small pen in my bedroom - so I dread to think what would have happened if you had left her to be bonded outside:D

It's a shame about CRRC bonding policy as it has stopped me adopting from them in the past. I would never let anyone else bond for me (bit of a control freak:oops:).

That's the good thing about being staff. I can be there, whether or not I'm working... I'm sure they won't mind me hanging around and 'volunteering' all week :lol: I mentioned that I was considering poppy (well she's really called Popsicle but I like poppy more) and have been told that the rules are exactly the same for staff, I'd need a home check and bonding on site. Which is fine, I don't mind having a colleague over for tea, it'd prob be a lady whose mum lives on the next street, she's been in before and met the buns, I'd pass the home check fine, I have been trained to do the rehomeing... I know the requirements! :lol:

I don't blame people being put off by it though, our buns are our babies. :love:

It's really annoying that James isin the middle of a really busy period. There is literally no 'good' time to broach the subject :roll: I know we can afford it. I know that if we have Thor outside adding another won't be much more to do. Persuding James of that fact is going to be tricky as he's being all sensible and there is no way a new bun is 'sensible'! As much as he loves them!

But foster piggy may have a home :p so she should be going on Tuesday, so we'll ba an animal down!!! (I love how I need a home check to adopt but they let me foster for a few moths without one! :lol:)

Last edited:
Back