• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys?

bluedragon

Young Bun
Hey guys, I'm hoping some more imaginative types can help with easy/low cost (or even home made) toys for our rabbits.

We've got them a soft toy (bear) plus various small balls and one or two woven/wood type balls, plus a couple small soft pads - they don't seem to have too much interest in this set of stuff. Maybe they do but not when I observe them!

Also have willow sticks (these get knawed/stripped regularly so we keep replacing those)

old chimney stack "tunnel" (which they seem to run through)

upturned wooden flower pot (they show no interest in it)

Then the "home made" things like toilet roll stuffed with hay, small cardboard box with holes cut around it and stuffed with hay (they seem to like playing from these, at least eating from them)

This coming weekend we should get another tunnel for them to explore through, but what other things could be worth getting for them? They mostly seem to like eating and going through the chimney stack tunnel and the cardboard toys when those contain hay

Mine don't seem to be bothered by toys. They don't play as such, preferring to just sit in their litter box munching hay! They do like their tunnels, and they like willow balls to chew (but not willow sticks). I avoid cardboard boxes now, as they just eat them. Only thing I've found that they really like is a cheap "natural" wood table from the range (they like to jump on it!). In the summer mine like apple/pear branches dangled so they have to reach a bit for them..can do this with herbs, but don't last as long :lol:

How about a box with shredded paper and treat sprinkled through. Might only last 10 mins but they'd enjoy it.

Alvin ignores toys, he prefers boxes although the one he has at the moment has been ignored :roll:

Have you tried a plastic plant pot. Alvin likes to move his around the floor when it's on it's side.

Back