• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Belle. UD back from vet check

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
My dd1's rabbit Belle is in for her spay today.

Took her down first thing this morning. My dd1 gave her her breakfast and a fengreek crunchy as a treat before she left for school.

My vet and the vet nurse loved her as she is so handle able and friendly. My vet also made the comment that it was nice not to have to operate on a over weight bunny. Thank you to all who gave advice on her diet :D

Just got to wait until 2 o'clock to call and see how she is. Going to scrub and disinfect all the hutches to keep myself busy.

Last edited:
My vet phoned she's fine But there were compilcations.

Belle was very under developed. Her ovaries were tiny and she had problems finding her womb. Unfortunatly she had to make a bigger incision as Belles womb was up by her back. She found it behind her guts and intesines.

She's fine bit sleepy but is eating again but she's going to have to go back tomorrow for post op checks as the vet is very worried about the amount of work she had to do on her and wants to check to make sure Belle has enough pain relief.

Please can i have some more get well vibes for my little lady.

She's home and feeling very sorry for herself.

We have bought her into the dinning room so we can keep an eye on her (have lounge/dinner). She's currently cuddled up on her bed with her tigger. She's still a bit sleepy but seems ok. Got to check her wound later to make sure its ok and she's not nibbled it or anything.

Thank you everyone,

She had a ok night until she wee'd on herself. It was heartbreaking to watch a swaying bunny trying to groom herself clean. We had to help her so got some cotton wool and water and gently cleaned off her bottom and legs (didn't go near the wound). I put her snuggle safe heat pad in and she kinda wedged herself between that and a rolled up blanket which seemed to help her settle.

Currently she is cuddled into my arm asleep. After giving me my first ever groom :love: She doesn't want to be alone and everytime she hears someone she runs to the front of the cage so this way i can keep her a bit comfortable and still.

We are off to the vets at 4.45pm which is the only appointment they had left. But i can ring for painkillers if i feel she needs them.

The vets went really well.

She is fine no sign of infection and the wound looks good. She's now on 1.5mg of cat metcam a day for the next few days. My vets so relieved its a understatement she was so worried with what happened that Belle would have toileting issues. But she's fine. She's eating and drinking. Not as much hay as usual but eating herbs and pellets.

Vet told me it got to the point she was going to leave her uterus in. But she said i was responsible to get her spayed and she knows rabbits are prone to uterine cancer so she didn't want to leave me with the worry of that happening in the future.

All in all it was a very worrying two days but now she's slowly getting back to cheeky demanding her old self :D.

Back