• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My New Blue Eyed Boy, Settling in Thread *New Pics*

Dawn&Leila

Warren Scout
I'm really excited to say, that all going well my partner and I will be collecting little'Leo' as he is currently known from Southsea. We were going away that night for our 10 years anniversary of meeting anyway and this lady is moving back home and cant take her bun with her as family are allergic to fur, so im gonna collect him on thurs before we leave and give him a loving forever home :)

He's a blue and white dutch cross lionhead, with bright blue eyes (vienna marked they call it) 1year old buck. Lady says his health is good but not nuetered or vaccinated yet.

He's coming with an indoor cage but we have the crate here and our own new accesories but i guess the familiar smells will help ease transition and its always good to have spares as eventually he will have a spayed female companion.. I think ill nueter him ASAP after registering him at the vets so im all prepared :)

Im soooo excited.. It doesnt feel real though yet.. ! Ive got the basics and he's gonna come with stuff too but im gonna do an order online for some other bits now !

Heres a sneaky peak of his gorgeousness -
image_zpsc9fa3a72.jpg

Last edited:
Were about to head off for Southsea! Gonna have a nice evening celebrating our anniversary, spend the day wondering round portsmouth then oick up the little one before heading home! Eeeeep!

Just ordered from the hay experts, and already got the basics so were good to go.. The crate isnt how id like it yet but for now he has his cage, im going to get some sort of wipable waterproof surface for the bottom (so the metal doesnt rust) a plastic bottomed crate might have been better, oops.. and ill put a fleece over the wipable surface

Im nervous for some reason, and excited !

Last edited:
What a handsome little chappie!!!:love::love:

I'll be looking out for more much needed and wanted photos!!!!:D:thumb:

We all made it home in one piece (well, cage in two pieces :p)

Leo is amazing, he was a star when travelling, even had a wash, came over to the front of the carry case for nose rub.. Seemed happier when he could see out than when the blanket was over the door..when we got back i placed the carry case in the unfinished crate and he got out and straight away started exploring, soon went straight onto the laminate floor, no worries about it like leila.. I let him explore for a bit whilst i set his cage up and he was into everything and everywhere with no delays :p

He is a joy to handle, allows you to pick him up and hold him without a struggle, sits a little for strokes, comes over to investigate you. He is very very tame! Doesnt mind any part of him being touched!

I was a but worried as he hadnt done one poo or even weed on the journey or even whilst i was getting his cage ready, but the second it was set up he let rip :p he ate pellets, hay and drank.. One tiny kale leaf as a treat as i havent yet asked what veg he's used to..

He makes it very easy to love him.. Couldn't have asked for a nicer rabbit.. Turns out though that he's black and white nit blue and white, but blue eyes on black is my fav :D

Ps our hotel was amazing, if your in portsmouth, G! Boutique is beyond words, they are so attentive and lovely and the place is out of this world. They were on Four in a Bed on channel 4 recently too :)

Sorry for the phone cam photo and bad lighting, more over the weekend !
image_zps1fd92468.jpg

Hes in his old cage at the mo whilst i finish sorting out his crate, at least it has familiar smells for him whilst he settles in. I bought some mock laminate tiles for the floor of the crate! Self adhesive! And the. Will put fleeces over it :) still gotta add shelves n stuff too..

Last edited:
It really does sound like he has already decided that he loves it at yours! He is one stunning little boy.

Today is Leos first full day with us, and friday is the only day i work a whole day away from home.. But it was probably a good thing to give him some quiet time to chill out after the journey and move.. This evening ive got him out now and he's ever inquisitive!

He just now had a wash on the sofa besides me then lay down! I havent even seen him lay down in his cage yet. Truly lovely boy.. My boyfriend seems smitten already..

Were gomna have a go at the tiles on the crate bottom tonight!

image_zps30d18cdf.jpg

image_zps7b1933c3.jpg

image_zps1f40f758.jpg

image_zpsbb1bfc20.jpg

image_zps3b4ab029.jpg

Last edited:
What a gorgeous boy, you can see from the photos that he's full of mischief and will be giving you the run around when he's fully settled down :D

I LOVE the pic of him on the sofa, looking ready for mischief!

:love::love:

He's beautiful and very very lucky.

:wave:

Back