• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aaargh Dust Free Hay Co

Kipper

Mama Doe
:censored::censored:

Im really angry. My delivery from the Dust Free Hay Company hasn't arrived despite receiving a txt from DPD saying it would be.

I phoned Dust Free Hay to speak to someone & was put through after several minutes of being left on hold was put through to a woman who said it wasnt convenient to speak to me as she was in car on the way to the airport. She told me I should speak to the delivery company & I pointed out my contract was with them NOT DPD & when I complained further she put Norman on who told me to ring tomorrow because they were on the way to the airport & goodbye.

Humph I rung the company landline not a personal mobile number so how can they be on the way to the airport!!!!!:shock:

I told them I really needed that hay as Ive run out but they just weren't interested. So much for customer care! Ive been ordering from them monthly for nearly 5 years

Phoned DPD & they said hay was still in the Birmingham Depot as Lunnun had failed to put legible labels on the hay & it wont be delivered until tomorrow. My Mother's husband has been in my house all day twiddling his thumbs waiting for a non existant delivery Im currently hayless & very angry.
The Dust Free Hay Co has been going downhill for a long time what with higher charges & smaller bales. Im going to have to try to source a new supplier for my hay.

Last edited:
Thats pants, Hope you manage to pick some hay up tonight, (maybe a local sainsburys hay will do them for tonight?) Id put a complaint in about the way you were treated, unacceptable

Well Im calming down now but the hay better be here by tomorrow by 9am as Ive no one available to take delivery of it after that time

DPD are a very good courier company and normally text or e-mail you a one hour delivery slot. I agree that DFH hasn't been so good lately but I have no issues with the company - just the quality of the hay. Although given the awful summer's we've had, I guess that's not really their fault either. I've found 3 acorn shells so far in the French stalky that they're currently using :shock:. I think I might order some timothy and rye from Hay for Pets and see what that's like. The timothy from Willow Warren is still lovely :love:.

yes my last order was for french stalky and its 80% rye and the rest soft hay, i sent them an email and he said they were experimenting with different mixes looks to me like they bulked up the hay with rye i normally rave about DFH company .....the boxes are not packed tight anymore and the contents would not fill a dustbin like they state on the website...

I also have experienced poor customer service from dust free hay. I always just buy from Hay for Pets now, their service is always outstanding and my buns like their hay :wave:

this is the reason i stopped using dfh ages ago, when they went too far and were very rude to me. i recently made an order and the delivery etc was fine, but the hay wasn't as good as hay for pets so i'll be sticking with them. :D

I have been ordering from them for a few years now...for berties resp system..and our asthma and my allergic rhinitis..year round hay fever!

the supplies have changed especially due to bad weather..rain..flooding....drought....and my last order was a big bale of stalky hay and a big bale of soft hay..it was green lush and soft. I also tried their plastic bags of hay....i only recently had to order again. i opted for a big bale of soft hay...its not as soft or as green as last time but it always varies due to the suppliers. Also got the french hay..its odd..like a mix of timothy hay and straw! buns not amused at it...but we will see..its being eaten a bit and is producing poos!

i got the usual emails with tracking etc and the texts telling me what time slot my deliverys due. One time my order arrived and i got two small bales when id ordered and paid for the big bales. i had to use the hay as wed run right out. I told them and they said sorry...and sent me my big bales and i kept the small bales as an apology from them.

the labels before the courier and then the couriers themselves can mess. it up royally. But its the same ive found everywhere!

sadly!

My first time ordering from them and delivery co failed to leave it with a neighbour as requested on Tuesday, failed to put parcel on van for delivery yesterday as arranged. Received today but the quality of the hay is not like the samples I received at the weekend. It is more like straw than hay and bunnies don't like it. £24 wasted. They wolfed down the samples. have just emailed them so await their reply. I have used Hay for Pets for a few years and they are fab. Just thought buns could do with a change. Mmmmm.... Will update this if I get a reply. :(

I used to only hear rave reviews about them, but this is the last in a long line of complaints I've heard recently. I was going to order from them years ago, but found their explanation of packaging to be unnecessarily convoluted so didn't bother. Glad I didn't now! :lol:

We get mitsi's american Timothy, and her soft medow hay from dust free hay co .. and i'm happy to say that we have never had any issues with either dfh or dpd ;)

I've had no problems with them either and will continue to use them. I can't blame them for the quality of the hay as that's down to weather conditions. However, I have just ordered some different hays from The Hay Experts because the French stalky isn't going down well with the bunsters. The piggies like it though :thumb:.

My first time ordering from them and delivery co failed to leave it with a neighbour as requested on Tuesday, failed to put parcel on van for delivery yesterday as arranged. Received today but the quality of the hay is not like the samples I received at the weekend. It is more like straw than hay and bunnies don't like it. £24 wasted. They wolfed down the samples. have just emailed them so await their reply. I have used Hay for Pets for a few years and they are fab. Just thought buns could do with a change. Mmmmm.... Will update this if I get a reply. :(

Had a reply from them within a few hours requesting photos of the hay, which I have sent. Apparently I have been sent the wrong bale so a replacement will sent out on Monday.

I've been using Dust Free Hay for years. I never had a problem with their service and the bunnies love the quality of their hay! :thumb:

Ive never had a problem with DFH either , although there can be variations in there hay. My last 2 bales of French hay which i received thursday are lovely and green and my piggies go mad and eat it instead of their dry food and veg :shock: I will say the previous bale of stalky french hay i received was a bit more straw like mixed with green bits of hay but the piggies still ate it. I think my guineas will eat anything though :lol: Ive never had a problem with delivery either DPD send me a timeslot and it always arrives within this, if im at work they leave it in my greenhouse. I usually receive my hay the next day after despatch :D

Ive never had a problem with DFH either , although there can be variations in there hay. My last 2 bales of French hay which i received thursday are lovely and green and my piggies go mad and eat it instead of their dry food and veg :shock: I will say the previous bale of stalky french hay i received was a bit more straw like mixed with green bits of hay but the piggies still ate it. I think my guineas will eat anything though :lol: Ive never had a problem with delivery either DPD send me a timeslot and it always arrives within this, if im at work they leave it in my greenhouse. I usually receive my hay the next day after despatch :D

Hi there

the straw bits are rye the sun bleaches it turning it yellow it is good fibre but only if your buns eat it of course :lol: my last bale was the same and i think my two are liking it a bit more now their hay is always very clean which i like just not enough of it in the box which costs £20 for two tho...i also use their straw for bedding again very clean....

I used DFH for a box of Timothy Hay and a box of stalky hay and although there was no issue with delivery i thought it expensive for what I got....

I havent used them again as i didnt consider it value for money.

Hay Experts up here use DPD and i find their delivery fab, always reliable and i can pick up locally if required....

That said, I now use a local farm supplier and i get bales or half bales delivered next day and they will leave items wherever of whoever i ask... they are fab!!

Back