• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buny sitting for my cousin.u/d in for a dental.

natsusakura

Warren Veteran
Bunny sitting Dexter my cousins mini lop.
He was dropped off last night, and I noticed his poos were really small and I had a niggling feeling something was wrong.
So popped to the vets in the am, and sure enough the little guy has spurs which is why he's refusing food.
Got him on meds and syringe feeding him, he's just took a little piece of brocoli and carrot which is the first proper thing he's ate since last night.
He's been nibbling on tiny bits of hay but not enough to keep his gut moving the way i'd like it.
Typical for him to be ill when I look after him for the first time.
He'll be getting a dental hopefully in the next few days or so.

and here is the wee terror.

537979_534967603210319_1372737203_n.jpg

563517_534967659876980_1109813976_n.jpg

He's such a sweetie, and is easy enough to handle if you're firm with him.
He's not neutered yet, he'll get sorted when he's well enough.

His hormones are crazzzzzyyy, I fear for my feet!!! :)

Last edited:
He's a handsome fella :love:

Hope his Dental goes well, if your Cousin was agreeable Dexter could say goodbye to his plums at the same time ;)

He's a handsome fella :love:

Hope his Dental goes well, if your Cousin was agreeable Dexter could say goodbye to his plums at the same time ;)

Spoke to my vet about that and she prefers not to do 'dirty' surgery at the same time as 'clean' surgery.
The dental is referred to as 'dirty' surgery as the burring machine thing can fire bacteria and microbes into the air and there's more chance of infection.
Whereas a neuter is 'clean' surgery.
I havn't explained correctly as I can't get the right words. I'm shattered :oops:
He's a sorry wee lad anyway, so think it would be better to get them done at different times.
I've offered my cousin that he can stay here for a few days post neuter incase he needs syringe fed or anything. So fingers crossed.
I got a BIG surprise when I picked him up to check his hocks :shock: nearly lost an eye :lol:

Dexters in for his dental today, never cared for a bun that's had a dental before.
Any advice/vibes are very appreciated, I know I'll be syringe feeding him, any other tips?

Dexters in for his dental today, never cared for a bun that's had a dental before.
Any advice/vibes are very appreciated, I know I'll be syringe feeding him, any other tips?

Best of luck Dexter.:thumb:

Sending good vibes his way.:love:

Perhaps a good selection of food, both fresh and dried to tempt him just in case he is being rather picky afetr his op. Keep him nice and warm, snugglesafe, fleeces etc. Somewhere quiet where he can happily sleep without being disturbed. Keep a close watch on his eating, drinking, peeing, pooing,( teeth grinding, hopefully non of this) and his body posture. All of this will give you some indication of how he is feeling.

Fingers crossed it all goes well.:thumb::love:

He's just woke up from his dental.
Poor guy has quite bad dental disease, from the x rays.
The spur was cutting into his tongue and has created quite a deep laceration.
And his roots are growing the wrong way. :(
He's still a bit sleepy just now so it'll be later on I pick him up.
I'll have to syringe feed him for at least today and tonight, m says his mouth was really sore looking.
gonnae go on a wee foragey hunt for some fresh dandelions, and good grass.
Its such a shame for him poor wee man.
Thanks for the advice I forgot about my snugglesafe, I'll get that ready for when he comes back :)
I'm just glad I said id have him for the whole week rather than just Thursday to Saturday!

Back