• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

24/7 care for 4 week old baby bun :0(

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
We have named her little Mouk,
She was doing so well, but so far behind her siblings (ones I posted about before) but then we saw a change in her,

I am not going into detail just yet, because simply vets and ourselves are at a loss, I think EC, but not seen it in something so young, and treatment is very cautious,

Ive never willed a bunny to pull through so much in all my days!
She is still eating and drinking, and happily lapping up meds and supplementary milk,

Can I be selfish and ask for vibes for this little girl?

Thank you everyone, its been hard work, this is the 5th day (I think :oops:) since we decided it was best to bring her inside and care for her around the clock, it all started with twitching limbs, and she slowly got worse and showing more EC, im almost 100% its neuroligical, she desperatly wants to get about, and at times (usually shortly after meds) she can, but then other times we find her stuck on her back,

Amount of times we thought she had gone :cry:

The meds is so hard, she only weighs 5oz, she lost an oz from when we brough her in but has put on 0.5oz since then, and at 4 weeks old, and she doesnt take a lot at once, little and often with foods/milk/meds.

Just want her to be able to run about like her siblings, its horrible, but as long as she fights, we will be fighting with her,

Thanks again everyone, I dont have any photos of little Mouk that I feel are suitable to upload, but if/when she begins to feel better, I will make sure you all see her little face, and her gorgeous marble brown/blue eyes shes a chocolate agouti mini lop, with white marks on her face, bootiful, with an equally beautiful personality, despite how she must be feeling, id give my soul to have the little one feeling top notch again :'(

Unfortunatley over night, Little Mouk has become completely paralysed, she is unable to move at all, there doesnt seem to have been any toilet movements either,
We are letting her go today, as she has no quality of life, Im heartbroken

Unfortunatley over night, Little Mouk has become completely paralysed, she is unable to move at all, there doesnt seem to have been any toilet movements either,

I;m so sorry Rest peacefully little one :(

So very sorry. :cry::cry::cry:

I am so very very sorry - it was not to be. But she was SO loved in that short life and will NEVER be forgotten. She will live in all our memories and hearts.

Back