• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopsy had his dental today also got to the ear shaking problem!

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone sorry I am late to update you all , it has been a really hectic evening :roll: So Flopsy he had his dental today it went well all the spurs were sorted and he is eating well tonight :) hopefully now we can get him to eat more hay and maybe prolong time between dentals (he is really fussy with hay) This was his third dental and I am hoping he wont need another any time soon. John got to the problem of his ear shaking which started on friday, He found a grass seed inside his ear which made it very sore indeed luckily it has been removed. John was very surprised to find a grass seed, Flopsy was the first bun he has seen to have a seed in their ear. Apperently it's common in dogs! :shock: that was one expensive seed at £48 to remove :lol: I paid for the seed removal and dental myself £160 in total. Thankfully he is eating really well and very bright :D

P1160828 by JackBunnies, on Flickr

the nuisance grass seed!

P1160811 by JackBunnies, on Flickr

Last edited:
Really pleased he is making a good recovery. :wave:

There was another RU bunny who had something stuck in his ear, Redfraggle's Orinoco. :love: In his case it was a seed pod.

Glad Flopsy is feeling well after his dental, and sorted his ear problem out! I bet he's really pleased now it's gone!

Gosh, I'd be scratching my ear and shaking my head if I had something like that in it !!

I bet she feels much better now :love:

Really pleased he is making a good recovery. :wave:

There was another RU bunny who had something stuck in his ear, Redfraggle's Orinoco. :love: In his case it was a seed pod.

It was indeed Ori
WP_000357.jpg

It damaged his eardrum but it has since healed thankfully.
Glad your bun is on the mend Jackaroonie

It was indeed Ori
WP_000357.jpg

It damaged his eardrum but it has since healed thankfully.
Glad your bun is on the mend Jackaroonie

:shock: That is huge!! must of been very painful for Ori , I have a perforated ear drum and had my other ear drum re built so I can sympathise.
thank you :)

glad flopsy came through his procedures so well :D

can they rebuild ear-drums? they've never told me that! they just said 'when was the explosion?'

glad flopsy came through his procedures so well :D

can they rebuild ear-drums? they've never told me that! they just said 'when was the explosion?'

Are you on about bunnies or humans ? :lol: I had an op called Myringoplasty on my left ear 6 years ago, now my right is perforated :(

Back