• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"its just a rabbit"

Of course she is! What a silly thing to say :( it must be really hard for you at the moment and someone saying things like that won't help :( sending hugs xxx

Aww sending hugs to you...feel free to pm me

Of course she is worth it don't let anybody tell you different georgy, this is a phrase that still gets to me and I just think...what an idiot..they just don't know the real side of rabbits xxxx

I have had that today. :(

Why would you pay that for a rabbit.

Why really annoys me is that James's sister is very well off (really really well off), and moaned that she paid about £40 quid for their 12 year old cat. Never had a vet bill before, other than a spay and vacs. Call themselves animal lovers.

I was told off for putting on FB the vet bill. :roll: That I will be thought of as someone who is abnormal.:roll:

Like my Dad said, pet-keeping is a hobby. People spend loads on hobbies.

People don't roll their eyes at people going out drinking and spending hundreds if not thousands over a year!

Of course our bunnies are worth it- they didn't ask to be kept as pets!

Don't worry we all understand :love::love:

Just ignore the idiots.

I've paid about £1,500 on Doughnut in the last few months. A friend said to me how much more are you going to spend on her. I can't put a price on her life, if she can get better than I will carry on spending until she is well.

Not everyone understands but we do.

When you own a pet you make a commitment to keep it safe and healthy. There's no NHS for animals so yes, it costs money and it is your responsiblility to pay

:shock: :evil: evil, EVIL thing to say, rabbits are beautiful, sweet living creatures who deserve just as much care and love as any other animal. *hug*

I have to say it was my dad who said it, I know he'd never refuse the care for any of our animals he just doesn't "get" it :( he'd probably say the same about the cats and the dog! He also has a massive life long condition called foot in mouth :roll:

I told him off and told him the bunnies are my children there for they get treated as any human child would do, I think he got the hint!

I have to say it was my dad who said it, I know he'd never refuse the care for any of our animals he just doesn't "get" it :( he'd probably say the same about the cats and the dog! He also has a massive life long condition called foot in mouth :roll:

I told him off and told him the bunnies are my children there for they get treated as any human child would do, I think he got the hint!

Sometimes Dads are rubbish like that. At least you know he wasn't being nasty or vindictive.

Course she is! :love:

I get told I am neglecting my rabbit because I didn't put him in the run all day when it was snowing and had about 11cm of snow! :cry: and I always get told I'm neglecting him if I put him in the run and its a tad windy! :( also, my brother said 'why do you want another rabbit, you just end up killing them!' :cry:

Sorry! :oops:

Sometimes Dads are rubbish like that. At least you know he wasn't being nasty or vindictive.

No I don't think he meant it to hurt, he just isn't an animal person and doesn't think :roll: well he says he isn't but hes a secret bunny cuddler ;)

Aww TL thats horrible :(

I think some men are less attached to animals than women although I think that is changing. My dad has said similar in the past too. I know he loves them but he doesn't love them the way I do and he sees them as just animals which is maybe correct whereas I see them as family. I think we ladies get involved with our hearts and men use their heads more maybe? But I do think that is changing. There are lots of men here who are really empathetic and loving with their buns and I know my OH and brother and Brother in law are also the same.

Imogen is beautiful and rabbit or not she is your daughter. Love isn't confined to species or biological relation. You're a good person Georgey and I am sure Imogen feels so chuffed to have such a lovely bun mama.

Back